War Blue Potion
War Sunlight Box
BG Keys
War Cakes
War Conc/Awake/Bers Pots
Random Chest
Custom Dungeon Access
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WoE Rewards Poll
2cat Offline

RE: WoE Rewards Poll

I don't really like the BG keys. It means you can farm BG points with friends for easy points.

Random Chests and Custom dungeon access, I don't really know. That depends honestly.
07-07-2011 11:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

that happens on any server. ever

it's more fun to try to beat up your friends anyways, and if you just happen to not use as many supplies as you would against randoms, who cares? pretty sure other people that aren't your friends would join in anyways. it's a little too unpredictable just to farm points easy as pie.

+1 tribal solidarity
but i am srs about those WoE movement speed pots. y/n? bad idea?

i still really say no to custom dungeon access and chests. please keep in mind you can just stand in a castle and get points. no effort involved. it sucks for the people that actually do woe, but whatever, join a guild that woes to get chests and guild dungeon access. or make your own guild and work towards those chests and dungeon access.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
07-07-2011 02:14 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Erm derp... I voted for sunlight and not cakes... I meant to vote for cakes and not sunlight... oh well... There's no way to change my votes that I can see >.<
I was originally kinda for them, but I agree that it makes stealth kinda useless unless they're expensive as hell in points (like say, minimum 120 per (two full woes get you 1/120th of a woe with sunlight; makes it hard to go for this when you could make your brewer's life easier (or get other things))).

I like the idea of the speed pots, +1 to that.

As to the chests, if you give them a specially nerfed chest (no god item components) with bonus Tribal Solidarity, I'm all for it. it'd be a good thing for starting guilds, and would give a nice little bonus. However, I'd say make them cost more than 1.5 WoEs (90+).
As to the custom dungeon... It depends on what kind of dungeon we're talking.

Remember, while yes you can sit and camp for these points, unless you're WoEing, most of these choices are useless (as they should be). As for farming the points, you have to sit there and do nothing for an hour to get the points, and likely a roamer is gonna go FRESH MEAT on you (no matter how nonthreatening you seem to be). Just because it sounds easy to farm, doesn't mean it is. Make something cost more than one full WoE's points, and it's gonna be hard for the non-Emproom Party to really farm =P

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
07-07-2011 04:14 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

there are a surprising amount of back rooms that nobody really checks you can hide in in woe castles (pront especially, and more especially since it's abandoned for most of heRO's woe). it's also pretty easy to just AFK or write an essay or do something for an hour while your char sits in a castle. there's already been novices using trick dead too lmfao

make all of them useless, though, unless you're actually woeing please D;

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
07-07-2011 04:36 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Ah, yeah, I've only seen Payon's and Geffen's, both of which are pretty linear (well, Geffen's all twisty, but still pretty straight forward...)

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
07-07-2011 04:42 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I bet if I wanted to I could find a hiding spot for all of WoE if I wanted to. :>

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-07-2011 06:50 PM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE:??WoE Rewards Poll

Aaronock Wrote:I bet if I wanted to I could find a hiding spot for all of WoE if I wanted to. :>
Challenge Accepted!
You hide. I'll seek. Icon_suprised
07-07-2011 07:07 PM
Andaroo Offline

I like the idea of random chests because it gives people that try to woe some reward at the very least. It might help shorten the HUGE gap between top-tier players/guilds and new people/guilds that are just trying to woe. However, I'm voting against it because I see way too many ways to abuse the points system. You also have to make sure that people don't start woeing JUST for the points--i.e., they don't even take the fights seriously--so the rewards can't be that great.

Characters:
Endu~ - Paladin
Andaroo - Sniper
Andrew? - Champ
AnAn - Alch
GimU - Crusader
Gim. - Star Gladiator
Sir Endu - Knight
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2011 07:09 PM by Andaroo.)
07-07-2011 07:09 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

RE:??WoE Rewards Poll

Andaroo Wrote:It might help shorten the HUGE gap between top-tier players/guilds and new people/guilds that are just trying to woe.
Last time I checked, DoE and Behemoth didnt get woe chests when they first started woeing and I dont see why new guilds should get woe chests for sucking and camping in pre emp. Woe chests are a reward and shouldnt be given to people for camping in castles.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
07-07-2011 07:40 PM
Andaroo Offline

I see your point, but DoE/Behe has also had a 2+ year head start (some of the major members in DoE were around back then at least, even if the guild wasn't). This might not matter much in most servers since old people quit and new people have the advantage of starting off in a server where items are more readily available, but for heRO in particular we're in an odd situation where some top-tier items were actually EASIER to get when the server first started (i.e. GR cards from fishing OCAs, MvPs before they were buffed).

Characters:
Endu~ - Paladin
Andaroo - Sniper
Andrew? - Champ
AnAn - Alch
GimU - Crusader
Gim. - Star Gladiator
Sir Endu - Knight
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2011 07:52 PM by Andaroo.)
07-07-2011 07:50 PM