Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Concerning BG....
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

RE: Concerning BG....

Trolling lol.

Anyways, the fact that BG gears *naturally* include Gunslinger stuff means that extended classes are supposed to be able to participate. Bring in the fact that the gears are not trans locked means that, hey, they're supposed to be able to join in.

AMJ's suggestion, beyond completely removing the GS gears from the game (likely just an oversight, unless the game reads extendeds as trans), is a treatment, not a cure.
The problem is n00bs that don't play their class to the fullest. Not that non-trans is useless (re- it's not. There's a reason nobody requests clowns over bards in PvM: Bragi is either way. Add some song cycling, some dissonance spam, and maybe a FJ or two, and bam, you're just missing the trans stat bonus and Tarot), it's that the nubs on them are reading this and thinking "oh there's no reason to try because I'm useless, why bother trying". People are people. no matter the restrictions you put in, they will always be people. You restrict this, and you'll get a niiiice influx of middle of the road PvM gears at level 89 that are just as useless.

What bothers me more was after one BG, Gojira said he would make a sinx for this (due to all the derps (and really, they are bad derps) that go all I HAVE EDP AND KILL ALL and thus get gangraped in the middle of the enemy team (+1 to that btw... effin' feeders)), and use his Incantation Samurai and his Megs....
Compared to a sinx with *those* gears, all other sinx are useless.

I really enjoyed all of mara's rants =P

But yeah, the problem is the people themselves not the classes. Same reason I quit playing LoL (which has the advantaged of being a MOBA to level the gear drops playing field) because I got tired of playing with n00bs (to the point where I had to play Morde all the time so I could attempt to exploit the fact that the rest of my team fed their carry). I mean, yeah, I'm not *that* amazing, but I know to watch the map for ganks, use zoning, last hit minions, build survivability, build resists based on the enemy team's damage types (and feeding), etc... You know, basic stuff that everyone should do.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
08-14-2011 11:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

You were doing a fairly good job XD

But the main issue still stands, Its not so much the Class as it is the player. I get owned to Alchemists in WoE. I've died to Rogues and an Archer in PvP. I'm currently a lv 75 SinX. I know for a fact that I suck. I have read the guides, but they are worthless to me cause everything I did on there made everything longer, harder, and cost more than I could gain. So I do things the way I want to do them. Even if everyone else tells me I'm wrong in doing so XP

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
08-14-2011 11:54 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Guides are merely guides. Not things that are meant to be followed to the letter. They expect you to have a mind of your own and make a little variance to the build to make it your own rather than copy someone else. It helps to get started, but once you've played a bit, and have understanding of the mechanics of how stats and gears work, take off and have fun screwing up the builds as much as you like.
08-15-2011 12:11 AM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE:??Concerning BG....

The Legendary Joe Wrote:Guides are merely guides. Not things that are meant to be followed to the letter. They expect you to have a mind of your own and make a little variance to??the build to make it your own rather than copy someone else. It helps to get started, but once you've played a bit, and have understanding of the mechanics of how stats and gears work, take off and have fun screwing up the builds as much as you like.
You should have seen all the "Man you suck. Quit playin the game." comments I got over Main when I said the Guides didn't help me XD

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
08-15-2011 12:14 AM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

RE:??Concerning BG....

ABlueJelly Wrote:Compared to a sinx with *those* gears, all other sinx are useless.

You realize a sinx can still one shot a sinx with meg and incant right?

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
08-15-2011 12:21 AM
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

So in the end we all agree, its people, not the jobs... sadly the majority of the dumbasses are non-trans :<

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
08-15-2011 03:05 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Pretty much XD Too bad you can't cure stupid

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
08-15-2011 08:20 PM
~YIN~ Offline

OK. I haven't read what the rest of these people have written but I am getting kinda sick of people playing useless classes and not being of any use. AND on top of this they are simply getting in the way and not helping at all. I mainly play a priest in BG and I am having countless experiences with people breaking my lexA with skills that do essentially no damage. THIS IS ANNOYING!
Now I know that people want to get the gear from BG so it is acceptable that they want to participate. This should require certain classes to obtain particular gears before hand and learn how to play their class. I will list these gears!

Sin: mailbreaker or swordbreaker or something that can strip gears or status people
hunter: status bows (earthen bow, frozen bow...etc)
smith: mailbreaker or swordbreaker or something that can strip gears or status people
knight:mailbreaker or swordbreaker or something that can strip gears or status people
Sage: PLEASE HAVE THE LP SKILL AT A MINIMUM

If you have other similar suggestions they're greatly appreciated!
08-19-2011 11:37 AM