Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Concerning BG....
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: Concerning BG....

I suppose resolving this issue the same as WoE wouldn't be much of a help huh? (The whole add a non-trans variant for balance purposes.)

After having experienced MOBA (Massive Online Battle Arena) you realize how important equality and balance is in a game structure. What RO lacks in this department is a balanced playing field to start out with in arenas. (In MOBAs everyone starts at the same level with the same gear available). In other MMO arenas you at least have level brackets and ranking to determine skill level to pair up with people of equal standing.

This makes it extremely hard to accomplish in heRO due to the lack of population as other MMOs or the game structure of MOBAs.

It would not be fair to exclude players from the BG altogether, however
I'll agree that Non Trans generally have a huge disadvantage stat and character skill wise; that /may/ be able to be compensated by player skill /items. Problem is this will only get harder for players to 'enter' as time goes on and more battle gear is gained.

08-13-2011 08:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

This thread makes me want to make a 99 vit, 99 Int clown made purely to dissonance in BG.
08-13-2011 09:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Only if the trans/non trans BG were utterly separated point wise, yet held at the same time would I say it'd be a good idea.

Otherwise I could easily see the already well geared trans players monopolizing both sides for increased gain.

Not to say the pro retro people wouldn't come in and lay waste- at least it wouldn't be the same person/account gaining points and gear from it.

Personally I like BG, but the couple of times I went I saw my SinX didn't help any. He's in a leveling build, and not geared for pvp. So- therefore I don't go to bg. I can understand the aggravation of people that cannot assist in bg, but it shouldn't promote a total barring against nontrans/extended. Perhaps a level requirement, if there isn't one now. (is there?) I can't know since I haven't tried bg on a character under 95.

Seems something the GM's need to discuss, if they aren't already. Keep in mind BG is still rather 'new' in some respects, and I know they must be working on getting it balanced out and such.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
08-13-2011 09:11 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

there's an 89+ level requirement. that's why you're not seeing any novices coming in to troll.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
08-13-2011 09:45 PM
pnutbuttajelly Offline
PBJ > AMJ

After a shattering, depressing, heartbreaking exclusion from the BG for the 700th time in 2 days, I am with AMJ.

Unless you throw me an example of an amazing non-trans contributor to BG fights, please leave BG to the big boys =).

EDIT: Or increase the player limit.

Quote:Will says:
If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Proto, raper of noobs. Let them say, I lived, In the time, Of Pnut.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2011 10:13 PM by pnutbuttajelly.)
08-13-2011 10:08 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

Have to agree based on another post I made before. My issue isn't even with non-trans that can't do anything, my personal issue is with people that DON'T do anything, sadly a nice amount are also non-trans.

And all the people saying that they're gonna go into BG to troll are dumb-asses.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
08-13-2011 11:11 PM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

As a GM post said, the player limit will have to be increased if high attendance persists.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
08-14-2011 01:16 AM
iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

here's a thought, how about limiting an account's ability to attend BG, like your account can only BG once every 3hours? switching accounts is a not-so-good-idea since points and items are account bound

There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good.
[Image: sn1bw7.gif]
08-14-2011 01:57 AM
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

Oh My Fucking God! Do tell me that you are joking, right? Then by that logic we should trans lock pvp rooms, heck trans lock WoE too, might as well just let everyone know they need to gear up, lvl to +90 trans and read 3 or 4 guides on how to use their job to be able to get any pvp action at all. Since non trans cant compete, then they might as well be eradicated from any and all sort of PvP.

Since a sin can't learn how to play from watching a Sinx, sure... because Soul Breaker is the main pvp skill sinx use, sinx don't use sonic blow for kills or sprinkle sand to unhide people, they don't GT either, god forbid they use that low level skill backslide. A prof would never use the skills from its mage and sage job, they only use soul burn and soul exchange and spam the shit out if it with its 5 second cooldown, so pro! Don't forget hunters, they can't mimic a sniper's DSpam or trap game at all. Get over it, you don't see gravity trans locking their official BG, i've played it in other servers, you see non trans and trans alike being really fucking stupid.

I do understand the whole "i don't like useless people taking up space", people that wont do their role and just get in the way are a bother, but i've seen that from trans classes all the same. Everyone should just know that BG is were all the pvp/woe freaks with pent up frustration go to fap out for a few minutes and enjoy themselves, so don't go in thinking that you'll get free points with your shitty no good pvm gear, because lets face it, most of them don't even bring good pvm stuff.

In the end, just deal with it.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
08-14-2011 02:05 AM
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

RE:??Concerning BG....

iSpam Wrote:here's a thought, how about limiting an account's ability to attend BG, like your account can only BG once every 3hours? switching accounts is a not-so-good-idea since points and items are account bound

No, just no... stop talking.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
08-14-2011 02:05 AM