Trivia was balanced
Trivia was too hard
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
August 2011 ToH Feedback Thread
wewez Offline

RE: August 2011 ToH Feedback Thread

what does the low magic mean when it hit me with 5k magic damage while i only got 6.6k hp?

i manage to score more point when i was a 88 sniper from the last ToH compared to now when 98 sniper.

and what non-reborn job did you test for all the monster? with what type of eqp? +10for each eqp? did you even consider the newly join player to HeRo?
08-29-2011 11:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

git more vit or mdef

use status traps

glyph made some mistakes apparently when transferring the mobs to the server, it sounds like he tested against nerfed monsters but we got the unnerfed/scripted wrong kinds (55k health final strike anyone :>). or
something like that anyway

now that i actually look at the monsters that glyph intended they don't even sound like the ones we faced. magmaring SPAMMMMMMMED aspersio on me, the bombrings used many many sonic blows and that poison AoE skill thing, etc. *_*

suggestions: DON'T USE STOP I HATE THAT SKILL A LOT EVERYONE ELSE DOES TOO or at least please please please lessen the amount of time it takes to wear off to like 5 seconds. that skill is bs when there are 5 monsters using it on you; you never get out if you run through like i did (high priest ftw)
nerf all classes equally; ToH is a sniperfest but we shouldn't focus on them all of the time, imo. then again i couldn't tell that there were even very specific sniper nerfs on all of them, but since ToH is a sniperfest, all of the whining and bitching came from snipers.

good job though, even with all of the mistakes, monster trials was hilarious (for me :D) and pvp was fun even though i lagged the entire time and was cheated out of wings because i didn't know it was going to be trivia for bonus points after monster trials, i afk'd for dinner QQ kachew

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2011 12:08 AM by Incarn.)
08-30-2011 12:07 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

RE:??August 2011 ToH Feedback Thread

Incarn Wrote:git more vit or mdef

Always nice advice.

Incarn Wrote:use status traps

And? What advantage a frozen/sleeping monster would really give snipers? We can run? We can run without status traps just using ankle snare. We can hit once for increased damage? OMGWTFSNIPERBBQ 4th wave monsters approve! I really see no valuability in that one. Status traps are good for PvP, not for PvM. I'd understand using claymore trap and/or ankle snare, but status? O_o

Incarn Wrote:suggestions: DON'T USE STOP I HATE THAT SKILL A LOT EVERYONE ELSE DOES TOO or at least please please please lessen the amount of time it takes to wear off to like 5 seconds. that skill is bs when there are 5 monsters using it on you; you never get out if you run through like i did (high priest ftw)

Screw stop! KILL TEH CONFUSION. IT SUCKS WAY MORE. While to get rid of stop you can kill monster, confusion is there for you all the time. 30 secs of mindless walking anyone?

Incarn Wrote:nerf all classes equally; ToH is a sniperfest but we shouldn't focus on them all of the time, imo. then again i couldn't tell that there were even very specific sniper nerfs on all of them, but since ToH is a sniperfest, all of the whining and bitching came from snipers.
Snipers are just easiest to make and easiest to join. I won't tell that LKs have easy job, not to mention WS and crea. *Looks on WS/Crea cart for 8k weight additional items*. If it's nerf, nerf classes equally. Like 1st wave has snip nerf, second wave have SW spam for WS nerf (Quag isn't really working with that large damage output anyways. Third wave for something else nerf etcetc
Focusing on snipers is nice, and makes this challanging, but if you don't want same amount of hate spilling on you as it was spilled on Glyph during monster....

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
08-30-2011 12:26 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

wewez Wrote:did you even consider the newly join player to HeRo?

ToH is not supposed to be everyone just waltz in and get wings.

The 4 running time for the event is NOT the trial.

It is NOT supposed to be easy, or honestly, even passable for new players.

They can level, hunt gears, etc to go better at ToH.

I'll expand to include other posts once I'm not dropping cookie crumbs all over my keyboard while attempting to type.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

08-30-2011 01:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

RE: ??August 2011 ToH Feedback Thread

GM-Circe Wrote:I'll expand to include other posts once I'm not dropping cookie crumbs all over my keyboard while attempting to type.

Where's my portion of cookies?
[Image: 1547wic.jpg]

Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2011 02:49 AM by Ptah.)
08-30-2011 02:47 AM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

Ptah Wrote:And? What advantage a frozen/sleeping monster would really give snipers? We can run? We can run without status traps just using ankle snare. We can hit once for increased damage? OMGWTFSNIPERBBQ 4th wave monsters approve! I really see no valuability in that one. Status traps are good for PvP, not for PvM. I'd understand using claymore trap and/or ankle snare, but status? O_o

i heard some bitching about "traps" not working when they tried to run; when i asked if status was used when they were actually trying to RUN, they ignored me. that's why i stated status traps. most of the snipers just started running at the end. freeze/stun/sleep > ankle snare when it comes to snap. what's really fun is that you can even stack the status traps to make sure it works /gg

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
08-30-2011 06:13 PM
Firenza Offline

All I can say is that I definitely did not get porings for the first three waves (or phases?) of the monster trial. Things definitely became easier after the short fixing break, so I'll assume that the originally planned monsters were not supposed to be so overpowered.

The item trial was easy enough, except for the ridiculous amount of Blue Hair Lock needed. I got everything else but only nine of those, and I killed like 125812817684 Thanas. I have no idea how some people got 50 points... I guess I still have a bit to learn when it comes to the item trial Icon_razz
08-31-2011 12:05 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Firenza Wrote:I have no idea how some people got 50 points... I guess I still have a bit to learn when it comes to the item trial Icon_razz
As a person who got 50 points and still had more than 5min left - you do Icon_razz

08-31-2011 12:36 AM
wewez Offline

Firenza Wrote:All I can say is that I definitely did not get porings for the first three waves (or phases?) of the monster trial. Things definitely became easier after the short fixing break, so I'll assume that the originally planned monsters were not supposed to be so overpowered.

The item trial was easy enough, except for the ridiculous amount of Blue Hair Lock needed. I got everything else but only nine of those, and I killed like 125812817684 Thanas. I have no idea how some people got 50 points... I guess I still have a bit to learn when it comes to the item trial Icon_razz

for the first few wave, i saw the same monster from the july ToH
08-31-2011 02:22 AM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

I am by no means a new player and I still had alot of troubles with Monster trials =P The rest of ToH went smooth i thought though! Cudos :D

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue