Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Banshee bow
chiron6 Offline

RE:??Banshee bow

The Legendary Joe Wrote:Personally think the Addition of the Orc Archer's Bow has made bow users incredibly lazy and somewhat ... dumbed down.

I agree. The OAB isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's really only good if there are numerous varied enemies to kill. A properly carded bow will always be the best (i.e. 2 race, 1 size, 1 elemental) . A carded elemental bow even beats OAB, without converters at least.

I don't do Nameless on my Sniper but I think it would definitely be worth it to get the specialized bow if you plan to level there. More than 2 Santa Poring cards is not ideal, it's not too difficult to at least get a Skeleton Worker in there (use a burning bow on them!)

Also, will even be selling my OAB soon as I have only found it good for ToH.

• Chiiron - 9x High Priest          
  • Chiro - 9x Champion                  
  • EkZip - 9x Sniper
  • Volundr - 7x Whitesmith                
  • Chaitany - 9x Alchemist
  • Chires - 7x Soul Linker
  • Chairo - 7x Knight
  • Zacharus - 7x Rogue
09-24-2011 08:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Angel Offline
Fartality

RE: Banshee bow

I also agree with what Joe said. Two thumbs up on that.

But oh what the heck! I don't even use banshee bow in nameless! I think If you just know what to do or you do your job in the party and you know how not to disappoint your party members, then I guess you'll do just fine!

Having good gears is good but it becomes pointless if you don't know what you are doing.

"BRB..."
[Image: giphy.gif]

|Ezekiel||Angel||Faith|
09-25-2011 01:45 AM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Uh the best ratio for ele-race cards is 2/2 not 3/1 (and not 2/1/1 race ele size)... The reason is
140%*140% = 196% > 140%*120%*115%= 193.2% > 120%*160% = 192%

the 3:1 ratio is when you're using 3 ele/race and 1 size card is what you're thinking of, and even then, it's not guaranteed to be the *most* beneficial if that 5 base atk increases your damage by more than the additional % (rare, and only gonna happen if you got super low base atk already).

HOWEVER, if you're gonna stack multiple of one, I recommend stacking either size or race, since Storm Gust won't change those when it freezes them. Depending on the rest of your stuff, that 2:1:1 is probably gonna be better, since it's got +5 atk and 161% no matter what, jumping to 193.2% when unfrozen, where the 2:2 is only 140% when frozen; plus has no bonuses vs anything else at Nameless except flame skulls.

But yeah, OAB with Asp works good, and so will a Rudra (if you're looking at expensive bows; note that OAB is arguably the best general purpose bow in the game; runs around 10m iirc).

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
09-25-2011 04:21 AM
chiron6 Offline

ABlueJelly Wrote:Uh the best ratio for ele-race cards is 2/2 not 3/1 (and not 2/1/1 race ele size)... The reason is
140%*140% = 196% > 140%*120%*115%= 193.2% > 120%*160% = 192%

the 3:1 ratio is when you're using 3 ele/race and 1 size card is what you're thinking of, and even then, it's not guaranteed to be the *most* beneficial if that 5 base atk increases your damage by more than the additional % (rare, and only gonna happen if you got super low base atk already).

HOWEVER, if you're gonna stack multiple of one, I recommend stacking either size or race, since Storm Gust won't change those when it freezes them. Depending on the rest of your stuff, that 2:1:1 is probably gonna be better, since it's got +5 atk and 161% no matter what, jumping to 193.2% when unfrozen, where the 2:2 is only 140% when frozen; plus has no bonuses vs anything else at Nameless except flame skulls...

There is actually still debate over whether 2-2 is better than 2-1-1. I don't know, it seems that 2-2 is better if str/dex is 100+ and 2-1-1 is better if <100

I would agree that 2-1-1 is ideal in this situation at least.

• Chiiron - 9x High Priest          
  • Chiro - 9x Champion                  
  • EkZip - 9x Sniper
  • Volundr - 7x Whitesmith                
  • Chaitany - 9x Alchemist
  • Chires - 7x Soul Linker
  • Chairo - 7x Knight
  • Zacharus - 7x Rogue
09-25-2011 12:43 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

uh, depends on your atk... atk*skillbuff*1.96 ? (atk+5)*skillbuff*1.932... so if 2.8% of your atk is less than 9.66, the 2-1-1 is better than the 2-2-0 in terms of raw damage.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2011 02:57 PM by ABlueJelly.)
09-27-2011 09:55 PM
Pink~pink Offline

:D Thx guys ~ Icon_biggrin
btw , banshee bow for stalker/rogue is different from sniper/hunter?

<3
just a little childish girl :D
09-28-2011 02:47 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Pink~pink Wrote::D Thx guys ~ Icon_biggrin
btw , banshee bow for stalker/rogue is different from sniper/hunter?
A rogue/stalker could use those too, but because they lack Improve concentration, and the massive dex boost from Owls Eye, you would want a different carding, or perhaps a bow with more attack and less slots. Regardless it'll still be insanely hard, if not impossible to match a hunter/sniper's damage per hit.
09-29-2011 09:44 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

Actually, I said that because I noobed out and didn't know you could use OAB on stalker :o... So sorry for that xD

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
09-29-2011 10:25 PM