Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ToH Mass PVP
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

RE: ToH Mass PVP

i like the leader for both sides thing but that involves people stepping up to responsibility and, imo, restarting that roleplay! :D
WHO DOES THAT NOWADAYS?

my main argument is, "who is going to have that many pots?"

picking a team of 12 out of a group would encourage more strategy and stuff, but since it's overloaded with them low-weighters you can't have that many rounds or they'll bitch incessantly about not having enough health potions to even do it
(especially if it's a glyph toh! Evil )

it could be knocked down to something like,
1. 31 lights vs 20 darks
2. 12v12
3. 1v1

and then the people who aren't participating in the later trials are free to spend their remaining pots/fish/whatevs without worry unless they're cheap bastards

though the D/Cing argument comes in pretty hard in this one - i dunno, of all the pvp events i've gone to it seems no one has D/C'd by some weird bug that can't be located or fixed. maybe a map change might help? i wouldn't know lol
perhaps it's just all the people on the map

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
01-17-2012 10:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

RE:??ToH Mass PVP

raphael.cruger Wrote:Also in December they might have won had not all their melee killer classes been hiding behind traps to be picked off by snipers while not being able to move.

That. A little foresight and dark would have won. Infact Light were kind of expecting to lose fyi, since dark had a HP and both sides were about equal. But everyone on Light played very carefully; snipers co-ordinated attacks and focused fire at max range, melee classes stood close to protect snipers and it was actually a very well thought out battle =/

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2012 11:36 AM by raphael.cruger.)
01-18-2012 11:36 AM
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

You want an awesome ToH Mass PvP, use the Official Battle Grounds script. It puts everyone into two different guilds, no friendly fire and they have guild chat, plus access to Ecall (which would be totally awesome to have a thief class go behind the enemy lines and call the whole guild there), plus they have access to Kafra before the start of every round. GMs would have to seriously tweak the script so people wont respawn before the round finishes and other stuff.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
01-18-2012 09:32 PM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

Nice idea Mara.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
01-19-2012 12:58 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

sounds awesome, but that would take a gigantic amount of scripting... and cmiiw, there was already a new mass pvp map planned way back when - never heard about it again tho... perhaps because it was initially assigned to a now-banned-gm?

W
01-22-2012 03:41 AM