Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ghostring Scrolls
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Ghostring Scrolls

Yea, my bad for the sarcasm (I went back and added SARCASM tags - I refuse to remove the sarcastic suggestion, though). I thought the idea of reducing all neutral damage done during woe by 75% for everyone would have been such an obvious over-the-top suggestion that people wouldn't take it seriously. I was wrong. Sorry!

But, in all seriousness, it's stupid broken to allow people to transfer these. I'd go so far as to say it's silly to have them AT ALL, but I guess if people are willing to let someone with a Marc Armor also have Ghost (sure it can be dispelled but what if you don't have a Professor right there) even for just 60 seconds after being in a castle the whole previous WoE... but that's just me. And since I don't play I'm not sure why this bothers me so much. *shrug*

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
02-08-2013 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

@azurerogue preventing the scenario in the last part of your post would be wise. aka the main problem that needs fixing, thus nerf abuse nothing else.

*edit* but heck whada i know. Live is a olive nice to look at but taste weird, grow a mustache and you can say I've tried.?Ps I do not even woe.?

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 04:44 PM by Seth~.)
02-08-2013 04:40 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

I like sarcasm, like Ellie said it actually makes things a little fun basically. I found it funnier that Albus had to go back and add sarcasm tags.

I'm going to do a few little tests sometime today with the Scrolls personally, I want to see what armors they stack up and don't stack up on, check if they really can be dispelled, check if swapping armors removes it, and make some notations for our meeting.

I'll bring up the Transferring issue, as well.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
02-08-2013 04:43 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

The transfer thing wasn't a problem before because the only way to get them was to kill Hanz wasn't it? xD

And then we didn't even have the chance to kill him at all last Halloween. Icon_sad

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-09-2013 01:06 AM
Egggz Offline

I dont mind ghostring scrolls but they shud only last 30 seconds, its not fair to make them so desirable since it cuts down on BG keys

champs are OP in pvp, so this will weigh the scales more in favor of element users (converters) WS and sinx, the other white meat
02-09-2013 02:11 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

They should "stack" on any non-elemental armor (overwriting other elements as necessary) just like B.S.S. does for Holy armor. And I'm glad you like sarcasm, Rahice, it's my favorite mode in "serious" arguments.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
02-09-2013 02:15 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE:??Ghostring Scrolls

Seth~ Wrote:
Gojira Wrote:Cant you stack the scroll with a marc armor and become unfreezable and ghost type? Maybe I've been away from RO for too long but if you can do that its OP.
Your real issue is to ensure that the scroll can not be used in addition with armor gear. That I can agree and support you. However the solution imo would be modification of the scroll, that would address some of your concerns.??

You quoted the wrong person, I said this. If you can stack this GR scroll + a marc armor and if you have a GTB, lets be honest there is no lack of these in heRO, you are OP. And the only way someone can really kill you is if you get stone cursed.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
02-10-2013 03:11 AM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

For those that didn't read the Update information yet, Ghostring Scrolls have been changed back to being Account Bound.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
02-10-2013 10:08 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE: ??Ghostring Scrolls

thecursed Wrote:
Seth~ Wrote:
Gojira Wrote:Cant you stack the scroll with a marc armor and become unfreezable and ghost type? Maybe I've been away from RO for too long but if you can do that its OP.
Your real issue is to ensure that the scroll can not be used in addition with armor gear. That I can agree and support you. However the solution imo would be modification of the scroll, that would address some of your concerns.??

You quoted the wrong person, I said this. If you can stack this GR scroll + a marc armor and if you have a GTB, lets be honest there is no lack of these in heRO, you are OP. And the only way someone can really kill you is if you get stone cursed.

How do you stone curse someone with GTB? Oh right, hope for armor effect and Earthen bow? (ED+GR scroll + GTB = kiss my a*s).
Anyhow, it's actually quite simple, web/trap him, tarot or melee him. without thara, they will feel the wrath... nothing is "too" OP
02-10-2013 11:53 PM
proto Offline

RE:????Ghostring Scrolls

ChaosPrince Wrote:How do you stone curse someone with GTB? Oh right, hope for armor effect and Earthen bow? (ED+GR scroll + GTB = kiss my a*s).
Anyhow, it's actually quite simple, web/trap him, tarot or melee him. without thara, they will feel the wrath... nothing is "too" OP

The only thing that is "too" OP would be you with an atroce icepick. I pray that day never comes.

Is this real life?
02-11-2013 07:36 AM