Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About that review we received on RMS forums o.o
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

RE: About that review we received on RMS forums o.o

The economy was *always* broken in some way. Server age, old-mining, observation wings, God Poring, Soils, that private guild hall, and Bee Wings. All of those led to players accumulating disgusting amounts of pure zeny. Because of how hero's economy is, new players kinda NEED that zeny to be able to afford anything. But then again I'm kinda biased since I kinda like poring smash :>??Also, they didn't catch that there's a limit on how many events can be made each month--i.e. on the condition a GM triggers the event or how somebody who has an event bag can start one.

Giving people more access to hatter cards just meant that the price of *HATTER CARDS* went down in value, which I thought was overpriced as it was considering how many times you have to *do* hatter to (on average) get something you don't want to try to (unsuccessfully) peddle off on prontera's streets because of how undesirable the hat is. At 500k per hatter it's 2.5m + zeny-roulette + items for one of the many throw-away pieces of junk -> frustrating.

Easier generation of new hats -> more hats available for sale.

On the other hand...

Quote:They're a bother because of how strong some of that stuff is and we don't want stuff handed to us.

Real heroes fight for their breakfast ?v?_9
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 11:33 PM by Weapon.)
03-01-2013 11:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE:??About that review we received on RMS forums o.o

Weapon Wrote:Because of how hero's economy is, new players kinda NEED that zeny to be able to afford anything.

Giving people more access to hatter cards just meant that the price of *HATTER CARDS* went down in value, which I thought was overpriced as it was considering how many times you have to *do* hatter to (on average) get something you don't want to try to (unsuccessfully) peddle off on prontera's streets because of how undesirable the hat is. At 500k per hatter it's 2.5m + zeny-roulette + items for one of the many throw-away pieces of junk -> frustrating.

Easier generation of new hats -> more hats available for sale.

On the other hand...

Quote:They're a bother because of how strong some of that stuff is and we don't want stuff handed to us.

Real heroes fight for their breakfast ?v?_9

Proposal?

The way I see it Mr. Hatter worked. Unwanted cards is removed via the quest in a 'roulette' fashion. Now however the price is going down so fast (recently) and sporadic that I argue that Mr. Hatter / those cards needs a reassessment.

The 'roulette' has become overrated and even undesirable this is maybe partly because the 'best' hat...slotted mids is vending last I saw.

My proposal.... add a few hats (custom or not) to Mr.Hatter to expand the list of most wanted hats. Or alter that card supply for Mr.Hatter.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
03-01-2013 11:51 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

Weapon Wrote:Real heroes fight for their breakfast ?v?_9

Mmm... Breakfast.

On a serious note, that totally isn't my legit. He expects a GM to be in the standard GM-clothing that's like the GM-Assistant NPC. I will say that I think he didn't get to fairly judge some of the stuff, but everyone has the right to their own opinions.

I'm glad that players here have made comments toward the reviewer to nicely show that some of their opinions weren't fully correct, lended a hand as to what they could have done to find out information, all the little things that were said.

Thanks Demi for working on the Wiki and yes, I do have a few Wiki accounts available if someone is interested in editing it, however I don't have the open availability for you to register your own name, I have a few names available you can choose from. As far as Light versus Dark, Fairyland, etc that are with RP you need to talk to people like Pandora or Radiance for those details.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
03-01-2013 11:56 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

To be fair, if you don't like a server at the start, why on earth would you stay around long enough to figure out even a percentage of the customs heRO has?

On top of the assumptions they had that were wrong, I know some of our oldbies have those as well.

On the V4P note, whoever has been updating the stats/pics on the wiki hasn't been updating the years available on the previous ones.
I can see why they thought it'd be a one time thing. Mind you, I might motivate myself to redo that entire page. I'm not liking the way it is sorted anymore. I think I still have access... Rahice, do I still have access? :X

Inasad
stop doing dickers
03-02-2013 02:27 AM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

No idea! :o

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
03-02-2013 02:39 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

RE: ??About that review we received on RMS forums o.o

Ellie Wrote:On the V4P note, whoever has been updating the stats/pics on the wiki hasn't been updating the years available on the previous ones.
I can see why they thought it'd be a one time thing. Mind you, I might motivate myself to redo that entire page. I'm not liking the way it is sorted anymore. I think I still have access... Rahice, do I still have access? :X

That's been mostly me. Sweat As I mentioned over in their thread, it just didn't occur to me. I was following the format that was already there and since it was info I already knew, it slipped my mind as something that ought to be added. Rather than having to go in there every year to change it, maybe I'll just go put "Redeemable for 50 points every [month]" since they're already categorized by year.

A revamp would be great! The page is getting preeeetty long.

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
03-02-2013 03:31 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:????About that review we received on RMS forums o.o

demishock Wrote:That's been mostly me. Sweat As I mentioned over in their thread, it just didn't occur to me. I was following the format that was already there and since it was info I already knew, it slipped my mind as something that ought to be added. Rather than having to go in there every year to change it, maybe I'll just go put "Redeemable for 50 points every [month]" since they're already categorized by year.

A revamp would be great! The page is getting preeeetty long.

Poking my derailing head in again...
Page redone.

ToC is now much, muchhh smaller, and the gears are sorted by month, as they are available every year. Downside is you now need to click the month to jump to it to see the newest one, as it isn't on top by default, but upside to that is it is more organised, and should hopefullyyy be easier to understand.

I didn't realise things were gonna be available every year when I started it, and kinda let it get out of hand a bit too much before breaking and fixing it. Icon_razz

Anddd a friendly neighbourhood reminder that the wiki is the job of us little players. :D

PPS. "gold is rarely NPCed"? I laughed. :X

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 05:36 AM by Ellie.)
03-02-2013 05:22 AM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...#pid267310

Now that rewiever can be a bit more happy xD

And Circe edit the wiki for make people to understand better the v4p's system.
If this is the result of this type of rewiev, want to have more!

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 07:56 AM by cane 33.)
03-02-2013 07:48 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Was already planned. Panda commented on Adrillf's thread weeks ago that March was gonna have some price sales for things like the Be A Monster.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
03-02-2013 07:53 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

cane 33 Wrote:http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...#pid267310

Now that rewiever can be a bit more happy xD

And Circe edit the wiki for make people to understand better the v4p's system.
If this is the result of this type of rewiev, want to have more!

Still won't change a thing to the reviewers opinion concerning BG simply because the initial purpose of BG is to provide a simple way for new players to gear for PVP/BG/WoE while HeRO's BG seems to be an attempt at zeny sinking mostly veteran players (From what I see, it's mostly old players who go to bg frequently). Just the fact that our 1st class sets cost more then glorious is a problem in itself..

BG was meant to be free and spammable considering the fact that the materials players would use in it were already a cost on it's own.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 01:02 PM by Gojira.)
03-02-2013 12:56 PM