Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About that review we received on RMS forums o.o
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

RE: About that review we received on RMS forums o.o

Something that would help NEW players in BG, would be if their Teams don't kill them right at the start, reject parties and so forth. I know this happens, from reports and from first-hand experience. Nothing says GTFO like that.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
03-02-2013 06:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

And that's why we need official BG, not only KVM which is a pure killing game. Non-trans or poorly geared players can still do alot of work in non-KVM BGs!

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
03-02-2013 07:14 PM
Vhaerun Offline

I don't know the battlegrounds system beyond what we have here, but any variation to the original, something new, or something different would be quite welcome.
03-02-2013 07:25 PM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

I don't put BG for speak of them, but btw is all thing that people and people, me incluse, said from a lot time: BG need an update.

But Rahice has true too: new player that go BG, get offense by veteran player and quit BGs.
"Noob you have no Marc: return to do pvm for faggots"
"Nigga l2p"
bla bla

We already spoke a lot of BGs and nothing change: is useless to continue

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
03-02-2013 07:54 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Probably because you expect a magic wand to be waved and suddenly bam, new BGs/mapflags.

SVN update, kids. SVN update.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
03-03-2013 04:55 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE:??About that review we received on RMS forums o.o

Ellie Wrote:Probably because you expect a magic wand to be waved and suddenly bam, new BGs/mapflags.

SVN update, kids. SVN update.

So what you're telling me is that expecting an update that's been in most ro servers for over 5 years old is asking for a magic wand to be waved?

Anyway, I'm not here to debate about how things currently, simply to comment on that review and I think they're completely right about BG and the grind we require being weak points.

The rest of the thing is meh, alot of stuff is just a "first impression" they got that would get corrected if they hanged around a bit more.

03-03-2013 01:12 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

No. What I'm saying is that expecting a BG/BG mapflag update to appear because people stomp their feet won't just happen.

It needs an SVN update to even possibly happen, which is a bunch more work than what I expect a lot of people think is needed - which is not just "just change the line that sets the mapflag in the current script."

Things like entrance amounts, BGs, etc can be changed, yeah. But mapflags which do all the fancy things like teamkilling and hose itty bitty pink triangles are different.

Dunno what it's been like in the past however many months, but reports of lowbies or newbies being killed off by their own team on purpose at the start were fairly common.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
03-03-2013 01:21 PM
Spuznik Offline
Salamander

Cue the hatred.

I actually agree with most of what they have to say. I'm just more in a place of, I've already done the work here, and I don't want to play any of the other servers that are around or probably will be. Right now the most popular servers out there either have some custom items that are beyond ridiculous, don't last very long, are Russian, or are run by people who take pride in being some of the most corrupt GMs in RO history. I'm not joking this guy is one of the most hall of shamed GMs, and he runs the most popular midrate right now and brags about being so hall of shamed. He's also somehow one of the lead people on rAthena which was a appointment I will never come close to understanding.

A few things I really have to agree with them on though, is HeRO's use of Zeny sinks as far as the warper and healer go the lack of a jobchanger and repeatable exp quests really make this a hard server for what is now a tiny community that's still interested in RO to get into. I think I mentality that's sort of growing in RO is that there needs to be Zeny sinks, but they can not be on things everyone uses like healers and warpers because that punishes people who have not, while people who do have the type of zeny it's trying to sink are barely effected.

All that aside, I think HeROs best option would be to update slightly more to todays "normal" RO server fixing mechanics that don't work etc., however the staff should probably focus mostly on making HeRO unique. I've spent a lot of time playing on what would be considered RO 2012 and RO 2013 servers, the community isn't very fun to deal with, they beat dead horses and spend all their time talking about what RO should be and what RO was, and they have a higher jerk to non jerk ratio then I think HeRO could comprehend. I've talked to a lot of people though out the years who've grown attached to HeRO because it isn't really RO.

-Spuz

Oh, and blahblahblah better BG now. (this is something you'll never see get fixed the community exists no where to have what anyone considers a good BG it feels like. I think HeRO made a great choice on limiting the amount of time BG is on, however it may have been a better option to just use the normal modes)

tl;dr

Not the worst thing they could have posted, they raised some interesting points that should be addressed, however, HeRO should focus more on being a unique experience then the same thing that every other server is.

You can probably find me in game if I'm on by using @who spuz.

Other then that message me here or something, not sure how often I will check it.
04-26-2013 12:16 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

lol @ Cookie qq aeuhaeuhaeuhaueh

04-26-2013 01:23 PM
Spuznik Offline
Salamander

Personally, I don't have a beef with him at all, in some sick way I actually find it admirable. My issue is with the people that seem to flock to him despite his reputation being so poor at this point.

Really I'm just nostalgic for the days when corruption wasn't as tolerated as it is now.

You can probably find me in game if I'm on by using @who spuz.

Other then that message me here or something, not sure how often I will check it.
04-26-2013 01:47 PM