Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Holiday Period
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

RE: The Holiday Period

Today I wrapped the presents I do have; waiting for some others to come in the mail. We decorated the tree today, too. Progress.

Other than that, I participated in the Project for Awesome, a youtube fundraising campaign, hosted by the vlogbrothers (Hank Green, who you may have seen on TV advertising SciShow, and John Green, author of "The Fault in Our Stars", or if you've seen Crash Course in school, they're in that, too), for a variety of charities. The fundraising on their indiegogo page is still going until Dec. 16th, even though the live youtube stream and video voting ended today.

The coolest thing I discovered from the event this year was a browser add-on you can get called "Tab for a Cause" that lets you rack up "hearts" that you can then spend on charities. The money is raised by little banner advertisements - but you ONLY have to disable adblock for the "Tab for a Cause" site, not your whole browser. Basically what it does is that instead of a blank page when you open a new tab, you get a little landing page with a background image of your choosing and a little banner ad in the corner. I'm very excited about it; the holiday season puts me in a giving mood. Love If you're interested, check it out: Tab for a Cause.

If any of you spend time on Twitter and were wondering why #kittytime, #butfart, #fartmas, or #bananaeyes were trending over the last couple of days... Project for Awesome is why. >__>; (And yet somehow #P4A never trended... wtf internet.)

Tonight I'm going to ANOTHER party; board game party with friends from out of town that are visiting. \o/

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
12-14-2014 06:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

BOARD GAMES!? as long as it's not monopoly cause that game is really unbalanced. Once you're poor, you are poor throughout the game and same could be said about being rich. @_@

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
12-14-2014 06:30 PM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

Monopoly is basically the same meaning as the game name suggested imo.. You are trying to monopolized stuffs, so once you gain, you gain. That is showing the real society right now.

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
12-14-2014 09:55 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

I suppose I should've said board/card games. Tonight we played Ticket to Ride. Other games we frequently play: Pandemic, Elder Sign, Cards Against Humanity, Forbidden Island, Forbidden Desert, and Dixit.

ETA: Also, Story Teller, I think the game you just described is called Life. Easy enough mistake to make. Thinking

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2014 01:05 AM by demishock.)
12-15-2014 01:02 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Hmmm...haven't heard of those before. You should try Settlers of Catan, Agricola and Dominion.
[Image: pic268839.jpg]
[Image: Agricola_game.jpg]
[Image: Dominion_2.jpg]

There are some anime ones though... But they are mostly fan service loli types. xD
[Image: Tanto-Cuore-Expanding-the-House.jpg]
HAHA here are the money cards on them.
[Image: pic803299_md.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2014 03:25 PM by Story Teller.)
12-15-2014 03:23 PM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

The card games are money killing .. those are really famous here in Japan as well. Totally killing all your money

12-15-2014 10:05 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

(12-15-2014 10:05 PM)whitedraw Wrote:  The card games are money killing .. those are really famous here in Japan as well. Totally killing all your money

lol, so true. Specially Weiss Schwarz is kinda trending in my group. I have my SAO deck with Lyfa as the main build. @_@

12-15-2014 11:58 PM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

Weiss Schwarz uh... I have Nanoha and SAO as well. I got the Lyfa extra card with the signature on it as well :3!!!!! Well, I bought like 3 boxes of them before. Now i have shit loads of SAO cards in my house for no shit to use and I am not even playing it hahahaha

12-16-2014 12:36 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

(12-16-2014 12:36 AM)whitedraw Wrote:  Weiss Schwarz uh... I have Nanoha and SAO as well. I got the Lyfa extra card with the signature on it as well :3!!!!! Well, I bought like 3 boxes of them before. Now i have shit loads of SAO cards in my house for no shit to use and I am not even playing it hahahaha

You should try joining a card game group. My friend is in one of them and I get free Weiss Schwarz extra cards from him.

12-16-2014 03:43 AM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

nah hahah Too much money consuming and the cards are not cheap at all

12-16-2014 04:22 AM