Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Builds that need new gears/cards?
GM-Ayu Online
Uguu!

RE: Builds that need new gears/cards?

Since Melee Novice got mentioned multiple times:

We consider advanced angelic set to also be worth it for melee oriented SN. It's a generic boost in all sense of survivability which includes melee builds too.

Advanced Angelic Kiss gives more atk than matk, ratio-wise.
Advanced Angelic Cardigan has a flee component that would not help for casters.
Advanced Angel's Reincarnation gives both int and str.
Combo gives access to Holy Cross, Impositio Manus (to self buff for more atk), and Weapon Perfection which are all melee oriented.

Angelic wing dagger is added as a new novice unique weapon in Lutia.

Card front, we have Mooring specifically for novice...
Mooring: 20 flee and 5% aspd

Otherwise, any hp source will be handy. Cards typical of general melee builds still benefit melee SN as well.

On the ultra rare card end:
Lovering: helps with ANY novice builds, it's probably your best headgear card
Snow Angeling: use the SN chant to get fury status, and enjoy 30 flee and 10% aspd.

We do need new non-dagger weapon as we have new dagger and new staff for SN, but otherwise I thought that melee SNs got a decent round of attention for it.

05-19-2020 07:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thiagoblin Offline

Ayu, the thing is: Flee is not a great status to have, it doesnt allow SNs to do anything that a regular rogue cant do.
I tried to do the Seer's Dillema as a melee SN, and I'm pretty sure I had a ton of flee (close to 300 i think), and died so many times, even to regular mobs. I coudnt even get closer to the mobs without getting constantly hit.

IMO, What melee SN needs is a thing that makes them unique. I am not saying that SN should solo mid-end MVPs like most other classes do, just fun and unique.

Suggestion:
Implementing this weapon and making it SN only:
https://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=...m_id=13090

It would create a new archetype for melee SNs, Agi/Int autospell. It also would make SN unique as a melee AoE autospell class (even autospell prof cant do that), and would make us happy =D

KingX - Champion 9x
05-24-2020 11:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bakorzero Offline

I think ninja's kamikaze( final strike ) needs some love. Maybe some gears that increase its damage output. For the risk and sacrifice of the skill I think it should be more rewarded. It's kinda pvp skill but I think it would be nice to make it for monster too.

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2020 09:46 PM by Bakorzero.)
05-24-2020 09:43 PM
GM-Ayu Online
Uguu!

We don't always want to force particular builds that GMs planned in advance, as what's fun/optimal to use is not always what's fun for the players either. Advanced angelic gear pieces gives plenty of resistances already, and once you start mix and matching, Advanced angelic guard and novice manteau together without any cards is ~22% against neutral and 12% everything else (I know the math is not identical cause one is size and the other is neutral based, but it demonstrates my point). The Flee aspect of mooring was tagged on to more ASPD boosts so you don't necessarily need max Agi and Str.

Custom hats that are not unique to novices, give a decent amount of HP for SNs too. The things I listed are all exclusive novice tagged, but that doesn't mean all class generic options aren't there to help novices out either.

Again not saying we won't do more stuff to help SN, as SNs have a new staff and new dagger but no new other-weapon yet so that's something on our radar, but I won't say we have nothing either.

05-30-2020 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Peeka~ Offline
Changing Peco for Motorcycle...

TK stuff :D

Peeka~
05-31-2020 09:54 AM
GM-Ayu Online
Uguu!

Just bumping this post as well to say suggestions aren't ignored, but the next patch will not be focusing on new items. It will most likely be the patch after the next one where we have new items introduced.

In the meantime, keep your suggestions coming~

07-30-2020 03:14 AM
GM-Ayu Online
Uguu!

It's that time again, suggest what builds or classes need attention for upcoming gears as GM+ T&D team are looking at gears to make for the next release.

Things that will definitely be made for next area:
- new grenade launcher
- new 1h hand crossbow (Stalker only)
- unconditional generic garment option exclusively for extended + novices (similar to Enchanted Boots)

Things that are still being decided
- new offensive instrument/whip?- we recognize this will be nice to have, we aren't sure if there's other classes in greater need of attention. If not, we may go with this.
- some sort of mace or axe (but we won't make both)- there's available sprite resources that seem fitting to drop from next batch of monsters, but we have no plans on effects yet because whitesmiths are very 1 dimensional as is...

Things we won't do
- Taekwon-exclusive equipment (aka gears exclusively for Taekwon, not Soul Linker or Star Gladiator): we'll probably await for class overhaul similar to Ninja

11-26-2020 02:53 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Venom splasher Assassin :x

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
11-26-2020 11:15 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

The eternal "we'll get to it soon" thing I've heard for a few years now -

-Mining
-Forging/Ranking

Gear won't exactly help what's going on, but it's one of those things that is seen more as a waste of time and money to get minimal benefits. The investment vs rewards are seriously lacking as they stand right now.
11-27-2020 03:32 PM