Do you read?
Juliet Offline
its a berd! its a plane!

RE: Do you read?

I think Books on tape/CD is better then reading
Plus i need my glasses but the ones i got are not the right kind
thay make my head hertCry and with out them my eyes get tired BlargSweat

[Image: MrGreenFanClub.png] [Image: th_Chiyo_GettingHit.gif]
[zou zou & apple | crusader, baby priest + hunter, merchant | <3 my grand berd ]
11-13-2007 02:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Master Chief Offline
Spartan Leader

I hate reading too Draken xD

Except couldnt resist reading halo books :D

HALO!!!!!! 3!!!!!

~Spartan Leader~

UNSC: Assault Squad's Co-Leader
Master Chief(Spartan-117)
[Image: Halo3-3.jpg][Image: 2i9nkoy.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2007 02:58 AM by Master Chief.)
11-13-2007 02:57 AM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

wussypuff Wrote:i work at a bookstore, so i read all the time!!!!

i could recommend some good ones Icon_smile

Im into space and horror sci-fi, any suggestions?

[Image: hl101.jpg]
11-13-2007 03:06 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I read off and on every now and then, mostly an old school fantasy reader with reading things like Dark is Rising Sequence, Prydain Chronicles, and other such things of that nature.

Lately I've been reading Michael Moorcock, pretty crazy stuff that Elric of Melnibone does, but he totally makes me think of my character Aaronock, who if I RP'ed on this server would be really fun XD

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-13-2007 03:11 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Hey, wussypuff, what would you suggest for a guy who reads mostly about Mythology (Non-fiction, of course, as opposed to novels featuring Apollo, etc. - Although American Gods was awesome) and Fantasy Adventures like LOTR or T.A. Barron's Lost Years of Merlin series???I read that in middle school.

I hear he wrote a sequel series to it, but it's probably just as much a kiddie series as the first.??I would hope it's not.??I enjoyed The Merlin Effect when I read it in the midst of reading the third of the Lost Years series - The Fires of Merlin.??I actually thought The Mirror of Merlin was his last of that series...??Hmm, I might just go check out that one and The Wings of Merlin just to recap and end it correctly.??=p

As for the Mythology, I'm a Mythology buff of all current, recent, and ancient beliefs - specializing in, of course, Greek/Roman mythology.??=p

I just love how all the different mythologies of the world tie in together in some way.??Every time I find something new, it always relates to something someone adjacent to that people was already doing or began to do later.??Many gods live through five or more different faiths (see:??Leviathan).??It's hilarious.??Laugh

*EDIT* Grammatical editings were made. Two of those paragraphs conveyed the wrong message. =p

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2007 04:41 AM by Whispers.)
11-13-2007 04:37 AM
Altaire Offline
zzzz

I have a friend.. okay several friends who hate reading. In the time it took one of them to read like.. 67 pages, I finished two books (on average 500 pages each) LOL

I'm currently reading the Twilight Series *-*. On the third book, now: Eclipse. I'm losing interest though... I'm dragging x_x;

Altaire-High wizard | Sabine-Sniper | Shenkena-High Priestess
11-13-2007 07:55 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I love to read novels ^_^

Always loved it since childhood. But when you're forced to read it's different, for school when I HAD to read a certain book, often I didn't enjoy it.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-13-2007 09:27 AM
Spire Offline

I like reading myself.

Of course when there is something else to do (Like playing Ro, watching TV) you'ld probbly rather do it, and at that point reading becomes a chore. Also you should read several types of books, reading about Fantasy might be tons of fun, but it ends up becoming the same old thing over and over again.

It also might help if you try to invision the book, place yourself in the main characters position, whether its blasting aliens into oblivion (like Static) or Just exploring a magical land (like myself) you should read to have fun.

Although it also could be you don't know of too many good books, Some of my favorite include the Xanth Novels, By Pierce Anthony. Evil

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
11-13-2007 09:35 AM
fudashi Offline
finds your lack of faith disturbing.

I love reading, mostly sci-fi (people like Iain M. Banks, Robert Heinlein, John Wyndham) and fantasy (David Eddings, Anne McCaffrey, JK Rowling, Michael Moorcock), but the odd Stephen King, HP Lovecraft, etc. in there, just to keep it balanced Icon_smile

My problem is that when I start reading I tend to keep reading into the wee small hours (finished Deathly Hallows in 3 nights) and I hate getting rid of books once I've read them, in case I want to read them again EVER.??Got shelves full of the blooming things Icon_smile

I sometimes read non-fiction stuff, but usually only funny stuff, or informal but informative stuff like Simon Singh's "Fermat's Last Theorem"

I want to read a book now Laugh

[Image: jacksig.gif]
JackOfShadows - Lvl 95(!) Rogue
Jack Of Mice - Lvl 83 Wizard
Jack Of Trades - Lvl 80 Blacksmith
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2007 10:41 AM by fudashi.)
11-13-2007 10:07 AM
YouKnowWho Offline

I used to be pretty big on fantasy stuff, I suppose, but lately I'm just not interested at all. Maybe I just need to check out other genres. I really like mysteries, for instance, anyone know any good mystery books?Thinking
11-13-2007 12:18 PM