Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO Leveling Parties!
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: heRO Leveling Parties!

The Legendary Joe Wrote:What of Gonryun?

I'm not sure if we have time to pick off 4 dungeons in 1 hour 15 min, especially when some of them are pretty big. If we do have time, we can pick off gonryun too.

I'm not sure if we want to jump right to the mvp or wander around in the dungeon for awhile first, like forcibly making 2 laps around the final floor of a dungeon before moving on to the next place =p

05-15-2008 12:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

blargle, this sounds like a blast. Unfortunately, I have a commitment at 7:30, and I'm in danger of hitting 91 too. Someday I'll work it out!

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
05-15-2008 07:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:blargle, this sounds like a blast. Unfortunately, I have a commitment at 7:30, and I'm in danger of hitting 91 too. Someday I'll work it out!

There's always the 89+ parties to join =P

Still I'm not the most certain that there will be another 2 parties like this next week. This week I'm ahead of schedule (I love easy money where projects due on Friday, and it's so simple that I got it done Tuesday XD, and thus why there's parties on Wed/Thurs) so that's why parties are frequent. Next week it's back to the world of uncertainty if things will go well for me or not. If I get more easy projects to do, then maybe there's more parties =P

As for some people's complaints about the parties being so large that Acidus gave only 4-5k exp or so, my questions to you is this:

-the MMO in MMORPG is to interact with players. Partying is one of these methods to interact with players.

-we often visit dungeons that are not visited consistently. Go out there and join us to see that the world of RO exists more than just rachel, bio, thor, byalan, wolves, geographers and sleepers. It really shocks me how some of you high level trans characters can join an event, and go "wow a custom monster??" at The Paper... never been to amatsu dungeon beyond the first floor? Icon_suprised

-what about the bragging right from having so many buffs from your teammates that the buff icons are appearing on a 2nd row? Icon_twisted

05-15-2008 12:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kiaro Offline
Schadenfreude

Quote:As for some people's complaints about the parties being so large that Acidus gave only 4-5k exp or so, my questions to you is this:

Wow, really? Your points are well made Ayu, but I think an equally good point is that this was a simple mishmash group, and I suspect many people didn't even element properly. Getting a feel for a dungeon can be enough of a springboard to be able to refine parties and make a much higher exp/hour party. In a proper abyss party you'd ideally all do what someone (Krumb?) was repeatedly encouraging but never happened - stay in the middle, pull a bunch over, AoE it to death, repeat ad nauseum (and keep a creator on stand by for hydros).

Expecting stellar exp from a first come first serve 'get used to partying' group is kinda weird! Also, we sorta lacked a real tank to mob with right? We had Lucky who was good but smiths don't exactly have have swordie hp, being more for DPS, and some pre-trans sins who might have problems with stun-attack spamming acidus. I thought it was a pretty fun party Ayu =o more, more!

... Even if only for the madness of watching soul links flying in real parties. Advanced Adren Rush Sinx of Sunset aspd on some people was amusingly fast. And I made the screen pink!
05-15-2008 02:53 PM
Krumb Offline
Lazy Cartographer

I really liked the abyss run, it forces people to think for the good of a group instead of themselves, and teamwork makes the monsters really hit the floor. The exp was decent, a bit better than a normal solo run in abyss, and taking down detale (read: watch the creator kick his butt) was a blast. Was the party a good set up? Besides missing an actual tank, yeah, but having Ms. Ayu along was worth the switch.

And yes kiaro, that was me going for sitting in the middle, maybe next time.

"Don't be a dick"
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2008 03:58 PM by Krumb.)
05-15-2008 03:57 PM
Zeena Offline

I suggest maybe doing low level parties, maybe like 65-75 or something, because I'm not very sure where to level on my character, without getting bored out of my mind or spending too much money on pots/fish. I think this is an excellent way to level and assist people to become transcendant classes. Icon_biggrin
05-20-2008 08:30 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

bumped Because I feel we haven't had very many of these, and I feel we need more stimulus to bring more out of guild parties around
11-23-2008 01:25 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 to joe... been asuraing anubis solo for some time... well nemos really make me not need profs for anubis... but maybe any profs wanna go somewhere with loads of 38k-ish hitpoint-ed monsters? (my asura at Max SP minus buffs deal about 44k to anubis)...
with priests we can deal double that (lex) if needs be...

-w-
11-23-2008 10:33 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Didn't have really any of these anymore because it wasn't well received and the general complaint is that this level of leveling party gains less exp than their usual routine. Since it failed to really meet up with its original purpose to get some exp (and seems like it's considered as a hindrance more), but instead we got into trouble that we didn't expect, we abandoned the project and considered it a failed attempt.

Sorry to disappoint...

11-23-2008 10:38 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

no problem... and yeah i do understand how that may come as a problem as lvling in GH is IMHO only worth it for heal-bombing and item-hunting...
the mobs there have troublesome HP or defs or resistances compared to the amount of exp they give...

well at least perhaps this thread can be converted into a party-finding thread so that people can meet up (even without GM intervention) and hunt together...

or some hunt-whoring is also probable... say for example as a monk i want to get some exp (and perhaps some less-rare items from the mobs) and some1 with a prof wants to hunt say wool scarfs etc, then what we can do is let me asura them for full exp (no exp sharing) but i have to be honest about the drops i get and i hand it to the person needing it... then after the goal is met we can share the loot. I did this a few weeks back when we needed to hunt the legacy of dragon, it was quite fun... i think i went with my GF, a priest (forgot her name) and Mr Moe...

so yeah we could hook up like this...
(perhaps we need a stickied thread)

-w-
11-23-2008 11:22 PM