Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO Leveling Parties!
Yumera Offline
Kissing Fiend

RE: heRO Leveling Parties!

if we did that'll be awesome! Now lets hope its not after I trans LOL.

~*:Yumera:Arlean:Erali:Yume:Miru:Rayne:Alana:Leilara:Wonderbucket:*~
03-26-2008 09:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kiaro Offline
Schadenfreude

This event needs to go away immediately, seriously.

I can appreciate the thought of getting parties together and stuff, but this is all wrong.

I was just in the 85-95 party, we went to abyss 3 then odin 3. First there was abyss 3, which was largely a big mish mash and disorganized wipes being held together by admin bragi pushing 31k+ hp on even the squishiest targets, and insta-no-cooldown bragi. Next, we went to odin and had sinx, apple and bragi. This was so easy that any character, of any level, with any gear, could show up and click a skeggiold, sit back for a minute or two and then have a few hundred thousand exp for no effort.

This is demeaning to anyone that has had to legitimately level a character, it is demeaning to anyone that has a schedule that means no parties like this and it also is a big slap in the face for anyone that tries to kill mvps legitimately (especially if you go look for the mvp and it's down thanks to an unfailable GM party!).

I can see where the event is trying to go, hero seems party-phobic and I never see them outside in guild things and specifically organized. There's no over main pick up groups to go mob ice caves or somewhere random with wizards, that I see. This is just WAY too much though.

The thor event when it opened was well thought out. A bunch of parties, Pandora on a rather regular priest passing out some buffs and heals, some @raisemaps to keep it going and we all got to see thor for the first time. This, however, was a GM leeching characters. We couldn't die, we could only win, no effort pure exp.

Also, this will not encourage parties (in the slightest) because it is not teaching people how to party. All I learned was that I should click a skeggiold with /nc on, wait, get 7% exp for free and then feel like a dirty cheap cheater for getting exp gains inaccessible to anyone trying to play legitmately, for zero effort.

Please please please either discontinue this or limit GMs to NON admin ring'd songs and dances. With an admin ring we're looking at everyone having 100k+ hp, 14k heals, insta cast, no cooldown, 190 aspd. This is sickening, broken, and the sort of thing that would put me off playing on most servers =/ it's so incredibly unfair on anyone that doesn't go, and unfairly good to those that do.

Ugh, I just can't describe how much this was not like partying and was like a GM leeching a bunch of players mishmashing around without any regard to strategy. I don't want to get levels like that, or for anyone else to. It's not RO, it's like playing with an admin ring on.

Not to mention how unfair it is on people that're 99/70 that had to legitmately level their chars.

Please >< can we get this toned down or something? It's just wrong wrong wrong. I can understand that no one will support this though, since everyone loves getting more exp than they can usually earn for zero effort.
03-26-2008 09:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fontes Offline
Celestial Punisher

Actually, I'm with ya, Kiaro...

I was there, too, however, I was there more for the drops, instead of experience. Though, I did get my share of exp, which a few minutes later, I was able to level up, killing a few Kaphas, to get to 100%.

I must admit I felt some joy, of getting that much power, for no effort at all. But that was a short-term reaction. Later on, I noticed this was just wrong. Getting Exp, while the only effort you do is to have a little patience, waiting for the "not-so-hard-anymore" mob to die, is not only tedious, but plainly wrong.

But yes, I was there to the end. And the reason for that was that this could be one among few chances to get a piece of equipment I was looking for. On this case, it was Odin's Blessing. A few hours ago, I finished Kiel's quest, and I was just ANXIOUS to finaly go get a Vali's manteau. But for that, I need a priest. I asked Babble, on my guild, and he gladly accepted to come with me... Only to realise that he lost his key. Yeah, he lost it, and he can't redo the quest, so, he's pretty much toasted...

After a while, I got Faynt to come with me... After a dozen Aliots and Alicels, he said this was too boring, and he just wanted to leave that place. After these two demonstrations of plain bad luck, I simply couldn't refuse a chance to get an Odin's Blessing... Even if I had to do it the cheap way.

Now that I look back, I see that all I did was just wrong. I already leveled, but if I didn't, I'd be willing to go kill myself several times, to lose the exp I gained...

Main (and only, so far) character:
Fontes - Star Gladiator, lvl93/50, ASPD type, future ASPD/Crit type.

[Image: RWBannerSMASH001.png]
Click it, maggots!!!
03-26-2008 09:35 PM
Amara Offline
Head Beast!

I'm with the previous two posters. GM-Characters with GM powers should not be giving people experience like this. I agree hero needs more parties, but not like this. Another way to encourage parties really needs to be found as this is hugely unfair to many people. No need to type it out as much as Kiaro and Fontes did, but I agree with all they said.
03-26-2008 10:36 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Let's see how Pandora leads her party tomorrow, and see how it goes. Not everyone plays support characters, so let's wait to see what turns out tomorrow as it'll be a different GM leading. Is it a difference in style and idea of accomplishment, or is the idea structure totally wrong...

It was I and not Loki who came up with the idea that GM should lead parties to explore, so those comments in game shouldn't be all directed at Loki as the only one in the wrong. Certainly for us GMs we need to lay out concrete rulings about what is the appropriate level of support given. Again do take in mind that GM's legit characters may not be support character so please give us another chance as well. Some GMs are playing totally new classes that they have never played before too.

On behalf of the GM team, I apologize for the unsatisfying result of the event. We will try to change the party setup. If even Pandora's party tomorrow did no better, we will scrap this idea altogether and revert back to manual "lv 75 and under only PvM event" (which we try to avoid, since finding no-exp loss map and spawning the right monsters are tough, and it's not a good long term solution to help with our mid-level heRO players.)

03-26-2008 11:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

You want a better solution? Just host a party event without any GMs in them.  It can be like a race. The first party to make it to some point in the map(it can be a random position where the GM will wait the parties) of the last odin temple map (odin_tem03)(this is just an example, the GMs can choose what map to host the event) wins an obb (this can be ANY prize the GM wants to give) per party member, but the condition must be that all members make it alive and gain at least one level each party member.

This way the party will be GM free and it will feel like the party acomplished something.

Think about it, is a win win for everybody.

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2008 04:08 AM by Kirby_Z.)
03-27-2008 04:01 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

the lose is on the GM because it's insanely hard to moderate if a party member has died before or not. Also, what if the party has a lv 98 trans... ouch?

03-27-2008 04:30 AM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

The rules aren't written on stone so there can be room for moderation. Also I didn't meant that nobody can die, of course they will die like 79 times before they reach the goal. The condition is that they must be all alive at the time they reach the GM. Also since the GM will say at what map the event will be held they can summon the parties of the desirable level they want to.

m just giving a different perspective. I'm not demanding it to be like so. But I do like the idea of enforcing the party in heRO and would hate to see it go to waste.

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
03-27-2008 06:30 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

We understand the event needs to be organised better, but give it a chance, it only just started.

Having hax songs is not what we intended when this idea was put forth, rather the GM was to play a High Priest to buff and keep players alive or a clown/gypsy for buffs such as the boost in exp one, but nothing overpowered.

Quote:everyone having 100k+ hp, 14k heals, insta cast, no cooldown, 190 aspd.
this is definatly NOT what I had in mind when I gave the go on this idea and I promise you it will not happen again.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-27-2008 07:31 AM
Kiaro Offline
Schadenfreude

Quote:We understand the event needs to be organised better, but give it a chance, it only just started.

Having hax songs is not what we intended when this idea was put forth, rather the GM was to play a High Priest to buff and keep players alive or a clown/gypsy for buffs such as the boost in exp one, but nothing overpowered.

Splendid. Basically, we're on the same page - I was just worried that what had happened was what you intended.

But an event like the one you held in thor? I can totally get behind that - people might get mass ressed, but will lose exp if they play sloppily, they have the guarantee of a high priest and the chance at bragi (sweet sweet bragi) so you can see what a well supported party looks like. That would encourage parties, if people learn to play in an organised fashion. Admittedly it's kinda hard to keep together big parties even when everyone is totally familiar with eachother but... now I'm just getting into semantics! It should encourage parties.

Thanks for the clarification Panda, and sorry if I was too aggressive with my first suggestions. I didn't mean the event idea as a whole should vanish so much as that in its current format it was broken to the point of.. well, yeah. Unfair. That's what I get for writing at 2am eh?
03-27-2008 08:50 AM