Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO Leveling Parties!
LucidTaZ Offline

RE: heRO Leveling Parties!

I was on the Pandora party yesterday. We were with 7 people and one GM, and I must say it was super! We went to Turtle Dungeon with levels between 75 and 84, and it wasn't unfair in any way. We still kept dying or getting really close to that, and the exp or items weren't outrageous (no single rare I believe). So I'd say get on with this! Don't stop this idea. Icon_smile
03-28-2008 06:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Like any idea it needs to be tweaked at first.

Yesterday went well, but I had only 7 players to keep track of which made it easier, it was fun ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-28-2008 09:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

wow, i think kiaro, amara, and fontes need to take a chill pill.

i wasn't in the events and sad i missed them, but from what i've heard most people lost xp rather than gained and were still damn happy about it. they had fun, which is what a lot of folks on this server are lacking lately
god forbid the gm's try to do something nice for all of us and have us NOT throw it back in their faces.

nice guys. real nice.

[Image: Gardenfishing2.jpg]
03-28-2008 12:15 PM
Kiaro Offline
Schadenfreude

Nothing suspect about that event at all.

[Image: screenheRO-Server037.jpg]

There's nothing wrong with criticising an event to make it better. If someone does me a favour which inadvertantly screws over a bunch of my friends, I'll ask them to not do things that particularly way, regardless of appreciating the intent.

Also, people making exp or not is hardly the point. For the record I gained 30% of the previous level and 21% of the next. That isn't what makes it fair or not though, what makes it fair or not is that people are getting an opportunity at drops and exp with GM level buffs. This is almost as bad as plain slapping an admin ring on everyone in a party for a few minutes. The general idea of the event was correct, but the execution was flawed, and unfair on those that worked hard for exp or worked hard for drops.

If I spend hours painstakingly farming X, co-ordinating a party, etc, I should not then find that someone else got one for clicking with /nc, sitting back half asleep, then hearing the melee stop and opening my eyes to see, yup, another 5% exp.

Quote:god forbid the gm's try to do something nice for all of us and have us NOT throw it back in their faces

The GMS do amazing event daily which I enjoy, sometimes 2-3 events a day. All of them are fair and the stakes are low. There's never been an instance of an event where suddenly people are able to get admin powered exp, gear and whatever else. None of these events fly in the GMs faces, because they are good.

What I'm saying is, you are placing 'Gms trying hard to do something fun' on such a high pedestal as to be immune to criticism no matter how it was executed, which is patronising to the GMs, since I'm sure they can do things both fairly and fun-ly, which they do do - daily.

Heh, doo doo.
03-28-2008 01:52 PM
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

Kiaro Wrote:This event needs to go away immediately, seriously.

I can appreciate the thought of getting parties together and stuff, but this is all wrong.

so criticize in a helpful way.

i can agree with the buffs as i thought it stated in the first post that the gm's would be playing a gm legit char (aka no gm buffages?) but perhaps i read it wrong.

i just really didn't like the way you guys were stating your cases. maybe word it better next time?

[Image: Gardenfishing2.jpg]
03-28-2008 02:07 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Instead of quoting the first mistake endlessly and condemning the event before the changes, why not talk about how did Pandora's party fare and if the changes made by the GM team in that party are fitting or not?

03-28-2008 02:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

GM-Ayu Wrote:Instead of quoting the first mistake endlessly and condemning the event before the changes, why not talk about how did Pandora's party fare and if the changes made by the GM team in that party are fitting or not?

Agree, I would like to know how that one turned out.

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
03-28-2008 02:13 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Pandora's party was quite nice, lvl 10 buffs at max though do to her stats, all of her heals did 19 k and would easily heal anyone in that lvl range to full with one shot. But we did have people dying here and there. Most of our deaths came from turtle General / Wander/Assaulter Mobs.

Overall it was a fun fair event. Panda's Heals and instacast buffs with no skill delay aside, nothing was any different from having a regular high priest tagging along.

I lol'ed when my sage turned an assaulter into a poring with abracadabra Icon_razz;
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2008 04:27 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
03-28-2008 04:27 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

We got the message Kiaro, and I think we already addressed it.

It wasn't perfect, but Loki made an event, invested his time and effort with good intentions for player's enjoyment. You can put that into your thoughts when you decide to do criticisism.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-28-2008 04:41 PM
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

doesn't matter anymore, fact is if they didn't like it so much they could've left at any point in time, they chose not to, then decided to criticize.

That's their prerogative, and it's mine to not do another just so there's no more "issues". So it can die yeah? mk thought so.

At least the peeps had fun at yours Pandora Ok

[Image: Loki-Sig_zpsd461cd88.gif]
03-28-2008 05:56 PM