Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
baby wings
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: baby wings

I think people's concern is over the SN that woe/pvp, thus the "no death" SN are not really concerned here.

Dagger of Counter is not equipable by novice/supernovice last I checked.

The problem with the card slot is that the wings are equipped in 2 places (lower head + armor) which doubles the card effect. So it's like 2 slots, which is more than the angelic protection would give and its the reason we don't wanna give those wings a slot.

If we'd give the wings an additional 700 hp, it would be the equivalent of a pupa card. Or 400 hp and 50 sp, like a roda. That's something we could consider.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-09-2008 02:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

hmm, so you're saying that the wings could have an armor and headgear card put in them? because if that's the case then ok, i can understand not having a card slot for them, but otherwise i don't see how it could be possible to "double" the effect of the card. i guess i'd have to see it in action.

also, i know they can wear a Dagger of Counter as i have done it before on other servers.
04-09-2008 02:57 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Wings apply double the effect.

For example, put a pupa card in a wing, and it'll give 1400 hp instead of 700 because it's applying the card two times. It's treating it as if there's a pupa card in the lower headgear slot as well giving it the 2nd effect.

Another example is a sasquatch card there. The game will roll for a 6% freeze twice (but not 6+6=12%) to see if the attacker will freeze.

Slots in wings apply the effect twice, which makes them tricky and difficult to deem as balanced... hence why only zodiac wing and ToH wing have slots in them.

04-09-2008 03:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Quote:edit @aaron: adding matk is not a good thing, SNs already get an increased matk from the Hypnotist's Staff (25% vs. 15%) and would basically be taking the place of a headgear (i think it's The Sign that adds 2% matk). same goes with atk power since SNs can use Ice Pick and Dagger of Counter. I could see an HP boost, and maybe a def/mdef boost in the wings if no slot is going to be given, or what would really be heaven is an SP boost...mmmmmm, precious SP.

SN cannot use either Ice Pick nor Dagger of counter, in fact, there are many very powerful daggers the Novice class will never have access to. Giving 1-3% matk is not really adding much more damage overall, and will actually be really useful for those using The Sign from the sign quest. Also 5-10 attack is really really really not much either, its just a boost that can be given to make the wings slightly more appealing than taking the slotted angelic armor.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-09-2008 05:02 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

aaron, you are not right that SNs can't use Ice Pick or Dagger of Counter, they can in fact use those weapons, but under special circumstances.
04-09-2008 05:38 PM
Former-GM-Auron Offline
GM-Dolly supreme

Frogboy Wrote:aaron, you are not right that SNs can't use Ice Pick or Dagger of Counter, they can in fact use those weapons, but under special circumstances.
aka soullink.

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Kaoreii Wrote:auron-sama is the forum cleaner :D
Dolly Extrodinair, GM of Many sizes, and Forum Janitor =o
That's me. Icon_biggrin[Image: GM-Auron.gif]
04-09-2008 05:46 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Well let's say STANDARD conditions, and on top of that you as a SN have no hp really, so um...I don't think they are still very top notch WoE contenders >_>

04-09-2008 06:47 PM
n3xus Offline

Frogboy Wrote:lemme break it down this way, the "easiest" way for an SN to get instacast is to not die as then they'll get the +10 to all stats bonus, in which then it'll only take a bless 10 (which they can get), owl's eye 10 (again which can be gotten), and 2 drops cards. the only other way i know of is to use +10 dex food which does wear off. also, SNs are quite weak anyway, compared to regular classes, and instacast is more of a novelty than a threat to anything really.

it's easier to get to instacast without dying? i reach instacast without zeroms or +dex food. cheap equips too. it's not really that hard. just gotta give up angel set which is fine for me in alde woe. i find it a TON easier this way than not dying. especially due to lag. unless of course u're talking about leeching. then yeah i'd have to agree that NOT dying is the easiest.

Quote:SNs are better suited for melee with a dagger of counter, but it doesn't mean they're unstoppable. with a maximum of 7k hp (with cards and full vit), they just aren't much of a threat and can be taken down quite easy.

lol i have yet to see a good melee sn beat a good caster sn.

and yeah, sn's are only a threat in retro woe. not so much in trans woe. and uhm... "votes for +dex stats for sn on wings" Icon_twisted

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
04-09-2008 11:57 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

you are right nexus about having to give up angelic and still hitting instacast, i forgot about IC stacking with armor/job bonus, not to mention bless 10 and owl's eye, but you obviously haven't seen a good melee sn before then. there was this one guy on the last server i played who was a melee sn who could beat up trans chars.

also, i didn't mean for PvP, i meant more along the lines of MvPing, but there's no need to discuss that. =)
04-10-2008 04:58 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

LOL...fighter SN's will die to my prof unless they got absolutely insane mdef...but then that's anyone ;D

04-10-2008 12:38 PM