• 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO Wiki
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: heRO Wiki

Fair enough.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-30-2008 11:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Balbanes Beoulve Offline

What other RO servers have done a Wiki for their private server?
07-31-2008 02:48 AM
Chained Chaos Offline

RE:??heRO Wiki

GM-Ayu Wrote:I'm against any form of "official prices" even if it is a range or opinion governed or whatever.

The reason for it is that once stated as the iron law, the prices will never change ever again. Prices may not go up, but prices won't be going down either. Merchants are always out to make the most possible, and if there is such a thing as "official price wiki" then merchants have plenty of excuses to keep prices high even though supply has increased already.

Players ought to have a "feel" of the economy and be able to judge themselves of what is an acceptable price and what is not. Many items worth differently to different people, so let them decide what an item is worth. If you don't "know" the economy yet, cruise Prontera merchants more often, read main and see where people like to train their characters a lot, and you can have a very good estimate at what items are in abundance and what is not.

Part of the reason why some players are wealthy is not because they play a lot every day. Sometimes they know the economy and can buy/resale for better prices. They also know what equipments, items and cards are worth hunting to get the best deals. Plenty of people walk in to Great Fairy Auction spending a few mil, and one week later generated another 5 mil through reselling.

A page that dictates prices are not only biased (and thus doesn't solve the current "accuracy problem" with price checks), but prices will become entirely stagnant, not to mention kills of the talents of some players who take the effort to learn the economy (and thus become the people who answers price checks) instead of asking what an equipment is worth even though they are in heRO for a year with one or even two trans characters (people who are still selling Elunium at 80k tonight... that is so 3 SvNs ago.)

Let the current free economy system reward the innovative and the people who care to learn the economy.

Problem is, that logic is slightly flawed. I agree that players who have the time to learn the economy deserve the benefits they get from it, but that kind of screws over some people in the process. I don't exactly have the time to browse Prontera merchants all day and average out prices for items that I've never heard of before in case I happen to find it. From the point of view of an experienced player who already knows all this stuff, what you're saying would make a lot of sense -- I mean, why wouldn't it; they already know what's what, so why should it bother them that some new kid doesn't know what's going on? The new kid should just suck it up and spend who knows how long learning what comes naturally to me because I've been playing for a while.

Not trying to be rude or anything, I'm just saying that it's not going to kill the economy to give a few estimates for a small list of items to help new people get a handle on the current status. Re-read my posts; I made a point to say that I'm not after definitive, concrete prices. Ball-parks are not official, and neither are they iron law. It would be nothing more than what you'd get from asking for a price check over main and having multiple people answer you with different prices -- except more than half of the price checks I've seen go unanswered. All I'm asking for is something like:

"[item name here] - prices currently tend to fall around the such and such mark, but seeing as how prices are constantly shifting, this is just a guideline. Choose whatever price seems fair to you."

If that's too much to ask for, fine. It really isn't that big of a deal. I fail to see how it would kill the economy since the economy is fluid and I'm not asking for a sold, definite set of pricing "laws" (as you said yourself, every price is up to the person pricing it), but if the powers that be don't feel it's a good idea, so be it. It was just a suggestion.

[Image: tyraelsigix4.jpg]
07-31-2008 04:06 AM
Untitled Finale Offline

Quote:What other RO servers have done a Wiki for their private server?

Plenty have. I'm not going to mention by name Icon_razz

Anyway @Price thingy

I dont think it's a good idea either, it's between buyer/seller how much they want to selll/buy the item for. This just means that you have to bargain and rip off as much as you can get (if you want to). Thats what it means to be a salesman. Not just follow the prices, but to try to get the other one to pay more/sell for less.

If you can't figure out the prices and sell your item for too low, thats your fault not anyone elses. Following the economy is just a way of making money. Putting up prices would kill that way of making money.
07-31-2008 04:28 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

How about a page on item's usefulness. It would detail that a certain item is used in X quest. Without giving prices, it would be useful before NPCing items to know if they have a certain use.

Anyhow, there's still lots of page that could use work, we can always decide on a price page / useful item page later on.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-31-2008 09:01 AM
Keefa Offline
Etana

Especially with all the custom quests the useful items idea from Pandora sounds good.

Sure, I could browse through all the quest descriptions and try to memorize them all. That's just not practical.

Another way to deal with the situation without the wiki page is to save every single drop I'm not sure about. That means I have tons of random junk in my storage waiting to be used or sold.

The third way is to ask someone item by item. Time and time again. That wastes everyone's time. Writing it up and pointing the askers there can and will save both the asker's and the answerer's time and effort.

In a nutshell, yeah, that'd be sweet.
07-31-2008 11:01 AM
Untitled Finale Offline

RE:??heRO Wiki

Keefa Wrote:Especially with all the custom quests the useful items idea from Pandora sounds good.

Sure, I could browse through all the quest descriptions and try to memorize them all. That's just not practical.

Another way to deal with the situation without the wiki page is to save every single drop I'm not sure about. That means I have tons of random junk in my storage waiting to be used or sold.

The third way is to ask someone item by item. Time and time again. That wastes everyone's time. Writing it up and pointing the askers there can and will save both the asker's and the answerer's time and effort.

In a nutshell, yeah, that'd be sweet.
Quoted for the truth. I'd love a page like that o_O

Especially since I havent really even started much on the custom quests, this should make it easier to figure whats used and what isnt used in customs
07-31-2008 11:05 AM
shigoobee Offline
Knight Of Valor

Same here but i haven't done any custom quests thats why i didn't make a quest page yet on the wiki. We need more people to get involved adding the knowledge they know to help other players. The only quest i have done are the mining and fishing and i put that up in as much detail as i could to help people.

I don`t know any other quest, if i did know i'd put them up :D

[Image: yilwkt72200882156100p0ax6ep.jpg]

MidnightSun: Knight - 86/50
Finnigan: Hunter - 73/41
07-31-2008 01:36 PM
shigoobee Offline
Knight Of Valor

I just realised that alot of the fishing page has been removed on the wiki.

How come?

[Image: yilwkt72200882156100p0ax6ep.jpg]

MidnightSun: Knight - 86/50
Finnigan: Hunter - 73/41
07-31-2008 01:46 PM
Untitled Finale Offline

Check history. Belial ate em cause they had advanced spots. Well he said he was going to Pandora bout it Icon_razz
07-31-2008 01:59 PM