Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dual Clienting
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Dual Clienting

haha, wira i notice you like to use IMHO an awful lot XD

also wira, i think benji said he was married to an SL but would have to wait for that other person to log on just to get the buff he needed which is actually inefficient.

i'm not exactly sure why the linker buffs are entirely necessary when priest buffs are a lot more useful and more abundant. even when i played as battle sage on my previous server, i was married to an SL but mostly just used the soul link to do much better damage with millions of bolts raining down on monster's heads. i can't exactly say it was a fair battle build as i had equips i should not have had at the time (sage's diary, a couple cecil damon cards). but even without those equips that i had it wouldn't be difficult to do decent damage.
11-17-2008 06:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

It would depend on the link.

SLs are wonderful for dancers. When linked, we get Bragi.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
11-17-2008 06:07 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

poor dancers
11-17-2008 06:36 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Dual Clienting

Ellie Wrote:It would depend on the link.

SLs are wonderful for dancers. When linked, we get Bragi.
only if they have lady luck =/??And??Slow Grace/Service for you is??what's usually asked for when in party situations,??and there's not enough Linker Mains to??Justify getting it just for??that remote possibility of being linked. but yea,??self service + self bragi??is pretty hax, Arrow vulcan spam, with assassin cross of sunset, Throw arrow spam is even more amusing..

Even with their SP Pool, I wouldn't bother trying to get kahii for a dancer, DS Spam eats up SP fast enough as is without autoheal sucking it away too, though Kaizel and Kaupe are nice on all classes.

actually, Every single class has their??uses for their SP pool, and unless you're built in such a way to not need to use skill (ie Dual dagger, agi-2h knight, agi spear sader, or battle smith), I don't really see a need to Get auto heal. Granted it's great for when you lack a priest, but it'll only eat fish/money on alternative sp healing items. Then again, I'm a fan??of vit and vit moderate-heavy hybrid builds and expect to get hit a lot.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2008 10:00 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-17-2008 09:06 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

-When- a dancer is asked for a party.
That is rare.
I've been linked more times than I partied in a way that I use more than DS.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
11-17-2008 10:01 AM
-benji- Offline

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Great input coming in.

As mentioned earlier however, mailbox system (implementing soon I hope) will allow transfer of items so.. Yea, its mainly just the buffs part Laugh

Perhaps we could brain storm ideas to allow for buffs? I was actually thinking of maybe having custom mercenaries (since heRO is known for its great customs Icon_wink ) These mercenaries would perhaps be able to perform link buffs.

But then again, this would take a lot of coding work and might not be accepted. Pfft. I'm being random ~
11-17-2008 12:24 PM
ScarletSen Offline
Linux User

An idea based on benji's mercenaries idea. An NPC that deals out buffing spells for a certain price. Say 1,000 or so per priest buff.

/Sen

IRC Connection Information.
Server: irc.deltaanime.net
Port: 6667
Channel(s): #heRO-server, #heROrp
11-17-2008 12:27 PM
Midboss Offline
Dark Adonis

I hate the idea of dual clienting to allow buff slaves or really of anything that somehow eliminates the need for other players to buff you, personally. I'll admit I'm slightly biased since I main a full support priest, have a full support soul linker, and intend to make both a full support creator and full support professor later on. Hell, even my assassin is full support, come to think of it...

I've experienced it firsthand on another server, about a year and a half ago maybe, trying to main a support Soul Linker, where everyone had a link slave sitting on their alt account. I was totally unnecessary to the point I had to level solo on poporings until I finally just quit playing my Soul Linker entirely.

If you were somehow able to do it yourself, support players like me would have nobody to party with, and thus no way to level, and would ultimately quit playing, thus worsening the supposed problem you claim allowing buff slaves is meant to fix.

As for my earlier post, I'll be perfectly happy when the mail system comes into play so I can send stuff between my main account and my vendor. For me that'd be considerably more convenient than doing it by dual-clienting anyway.

PPF Wrote:Midboss is clearly the living embodiment of Captain Falcon. Melee Captain Falcon.
11-17-2008 12:42 PM
Ayreon Offline

or use a proxy and a tool like soc... ops.
nvm. dont do that.

Retired! Have fun everyone =)
(^Lin^ (Prof), Divine Failure (H.Priest), Naga (Monk))
11-17-2008 06:51 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Dual Clienting

Ayreon Wrote:or use a proxy and a tool like soc... ops.
nvm. dont do that.

ban her plz D:

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2008 07:46 PM by Général_Argos.)
11-17-2008 07:46 PM