Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Group PvP - HeRO Battlegrounds
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

RE: Group PvP - HeRO Battlegrounds

Basing it on allegiance would do nothing more than turn Battlegrounds from something that looks awesome to the epic fail that is ToH's Mass PvP.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
02-24-2009 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I would rather pick my teams not based around my allegience...considering most of my friends are dark aligned and all, and rather work with people I know I can click with than those I barely know at all and have no idea of their play styles or anything :<

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-24-2009 05:43 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Nidsrule Wrote:Don't know if it'd fix anything but perhaps rather than forming teams beforehand, people would need to enter the waiting rooms with no party. Players would be randomly distributed between two isolated waiting rooms. Both sides would be given say a minute to organise parties based off of the people who find themselves in these waiting rooms. The teams would then be required to fill a waiting room, which would check for correct party size and make sure everyone is present in the waiting room, before warping people to the arena.

Not sure how feasible *all* of that is, but I like it!

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
02-24-2009 06:14 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

as far as the feasibility of it, it's really not that hard to do. you'd just create two different waiting room maps for Team "A" and Team "B" and as people enter via NPC, it checks the number of people in each waiting room and will either randomly assign you to a room if the rooms have equal amounts of people, or will fill in empty spots in the room with lesser people.

something that was discussed as part of a previous PvP tournament on the high rate server when the main server underwent maintenance, was the bracket style set up. essentially you could do something similar with this, only it's just two teams of ? x ? size (7 x 7 seems to be favored).

if everything was set up correctly, you could make an extra NPC to have a tournament style set up of teams in bracket formation. essentially the additional NPC would number the amount of teams entered, and then set them up in a random bracket location, then the normal NPC would run the normal way, only bringing in two teams and the winners are then returned to the waiting room ready for the next round.

each round would have consolation prizes for the "losers" and obviously the final match would have the grand prize and second place prize. prizes could be determined beforehand by GM input, or just automated by the NPC.

just more thoughts to throw around.
02-24-2009 07:03 PM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Here is what I had in mind for the map:

Birds Eye View

The coloured rectangles represent the warp in zones for each team. The coloured circles represent the location for each teams' crystal.

The black lines located near the warp in zones will act as a border similar to those used in the ToH mass battle between rounds. If a character has died recently, they will be warped back to their warp in point and will have to wait 20-30 seconds before they can continue. If they try to walk past those lines before the time is up, they will be warped to the warp in again. Once the timer is up they are free to continue.

Different views:

Top View

Isometric View

I could add a few more models to make the map a little more interesting.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
02-24-2009 08:46 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Quote:Don't know if it'd fix anything but perhaps rather than forming teams beforehand, people would need to enter the waiting rooms with no party. Players would be randomly distributed between two isolated waiting rooms. Both sides would be given say a minute to organise parties based off of the people who find themselves in these waiting rooms. The teams would then be required to fill a waiting room, which would check for correct party size and make sure everyone is present in the waiting room, before warping people to the arena.

Please, NO RANDOM TEAM.??

And lets just make an honorific ladder registering the party name (and it's content) of the victorious team, and aftear a season of like half a year, some prize could be given.

edit : nice design for the map, but I'd had alternative routes to not make it straightfoward as it is in woe.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2009 08:50 PM by Général_Argos.)
02-24-2009 08:48 PM
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

5-7 teams are awsome :D

Cant we jut make the battle grounds map a pvp map?

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
02-24-2009 10:37 PM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Its far too big considering heRO's small PvP population.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
02-25-2009 05:53 AM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:??Group PvP - HeRO Battlegrounds

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
Quote:Don't know if it'd fix anything but perhaps rather than forming teams beforehand, people would need to enter the waiting rooms with no party. Players would be randomly distributed between two isolated waiting rooms. Both sides would be given say a minute to organise parties based off of the people who find themselves in these waiting rooms. The teams would then be required to fill a waiting room, which would check for correct party size and make sure everyone is present in the waiting room, before warping people to the arena.

Please, NO RANDOM TEAM.??

And lets just make an honorific ladder registering the party name (and it's content) of the victorious team, and aftear a season of like half a year, some prize could be given.

edit : nice design for the map, but I'd had alternative routes to not make it straightfoward as it is in woe.??

I agree with you. Having the teams randomized would cause some problems like. All the support classes being in Team A or Team B and stuff like that.

Cool Maps Rob. But i also agree with Krim; the map is too straight forward. Maybe some Alternative routes can make it a tad bit more interesting.
02-25-2009 07:26 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I actually like the idea of only one hallway connecting the rooms because it makes it so people don't just turtle in their "base" to defend the closest thing they can get to a chokepoint.

At the same time, an alternate map for more "interesting" attack strategies could be fun. The one hallway idea basically forces active PvPing as opposed to just waiting for each other to do something.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
02-25-2009 08:55 AM