heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: What do you think will make heRO better?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Sakurato Wrote:Even if we server wipe, inevitably we will be right back where we were before, so why bother?

If rates go from 5/5/3 to 10/10/10, 100% drop items won't drop more, but rare items would actually drop at least 333% more (at least, because with more characters high level, there will be more hunting of high-end items obv, so in practice it will be a little more than 333%)

When rates go higher while the max cap stays the same, top gears vs newbies won't be as much a problem.??

Higher rates means you have to focuss more on strategy instead of time-investment-grinding to get an edge on your ennemies.??

strategy > time-consuming-grinding imo

(problem with most high rates is the cap that is increased, making the higher rates useless)
Hay Guiz let's do a compromise here, let's not do a FULL wipe but simply an item wipe! ;O
There now we all will be out at Thara frogs with our 99 transes mmm that'll be hilarious to see!
why are you talking about higher rates? Your or I said nothing about that unless I missed it.
I'll agree upping the drop rates would make it a little more bearable for new players but the leveling rates are quite fine as is. As far as upping the drop rates goes though, MvP/mini-boss cards don't need an increase.

I've played on 10x rates servers in the past and like Barrel said in his post, it feels a little too easy. Although I can't say I've seen any servers with drop rates higher than the exp rates, gearing up is where most players will experience the most grind. From my experience, 10x drop rates makes this grind bearable.
Aaronock Wrote:Hay Guiz let's do a compromise here, let's not do a FULL wipe but simply an item wipe! ;O
There now we all will be out at Thara frogs with our 99 transes mmm that'll be hilarious to see!
lolz interesting idea xd

But a full wipe would give all the newbs "onoes 4-years-old and low-ratez nogood, noo goood :/" a reason to come! :D??
Some people with 99/70 won't like it, but with the increased rates we will see them back quick enough while giving a chance to migrating nomad guilds to come here
Ok

Nidsrule Wrote:I've played on 10x rates servers in the past and like Barrel said in his post, it feels a little too easy.

But I tought for you the interesting part was the pvp/woe... as for the mvp, being high level is only a prerequistic, it won't make the challenge easier; in all honesty, I don't see what is the problem you find here.
Yah as an add on to Nid's comment I'd like to say we could easily modify droprates as we see fit. There is a lot of flexibility to dealing with droprates that could be considered honestly.
If you make it too easy to get to cap and the end game still isn't enough to keep people interested, people will simply get bored and quit. Making it easier to level/gear up isn't enough by itself to improve end game. heRO has the players for an active/interesting PvP environment but the majority of the population isn't interested. Making it easier to level isn't going to change that.
It is going to bring the pvp-interested population on hero.??I don't give a damn of leveling, I have done it a plenty of time for plenty of chars; hero is an OLD game, nobody cares of leveling once they have done a trans or two, there is a LOT of people in my case.??

Like seriously, who likes to go trough the stupid maze in the underground of yuno once they have done it already???Or do the same quest to unlock that dongeon for that new char.??

Do it once, have fun.
Do it twice, ok no problem.
Do it 3 times+ .... zzzzZZZZ I just want to make a slave forge/slave brewer & I don't give a damn Icon_sad Why do I have to do that boring grinding? Icon_sad no fun Icon_sad

Make hero become a chat room with sprites & a pvp/woe simulator with free gearz & lvl plz.??

For the grinding fans, do a 0.1/0.1/0.1 side server.??
Then why stop at only 10/10/10? Hell, you are just describing a high rate server where it takes a couple of days to cap and gear up. heRO is a low rate, which by definition implies there is going to be a grind in one form or another. 10x rates is still a grind and has no effect on having to repeat entrance quests/job change quests etc. Your arguments are slowing changing from "lets make it a little easier on newer players to improve end game" to "lets make heRO a high rate". So, why did you choose 10/10/10 when it really doesn't address half the issues you raise with the post above?
G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Like seriously, who likes to go trough the stupid maze in the underground of yuno once they have done it already???Or do the same quest to unlock that dongeon for that new char.??

...I do Icon_biggrin. I love the maze I look forward to it! I like to see if it screws me over with its randomness or lets me go right in ;O.

I like doing quests and leveling chars...hence why I have Eight trans chars.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Reference URL's