heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: looking for server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
greetings, due to some changes on our previos server, myself and a freind of mine are looking for a new place to play. However, we do not wish to end up in the same situation as before, angry that things went somewhere we felt was inappropriate and being insulted for our views. SO.

1) what modifications have been made. I mean balance issues. Have items been added to the tool dealers or other new methods of getting normal things. what item quests have been added and for what items. what event prizes are given out.

2) how is casual play here? I have seen many servers where casual play was impossible because hyper players insisted on modifications that made it so. If i only have an hour a night to play, can i expect to get anywere (or at least as far as i would get normally).

3) Where is the line drawn for suggestions?

4) how is the market. Do only MVP's sell, or can one make decent money sellng yellow gems and EDP pots?

5) how is the PvP community here. I have seen horrors i do not want to see again. Are they at least reasonable and respectful of non PvPers? If there is something that effects PvP and non PvP play, will both sides be fairly heard, or will i see "It effects PvP, this is all that matters" arguments?
1)there are no real unbalanced custom here, if anything its only stuff like warp npc that makes your life easier.. but everything is really balanced here, because unbalanced stuff will go down fast as we have alot of whiners.

2)this is lowrate, you wont really gets far with 1hour/night, hardcore players will still be more rewarded in any server (or any MMO rather)

4)yes you can make livings selling WoE supplies, no one really makes EDP or ADs here, stuff likes witched sands for cpot, AD mats, or EDP mats sells fairly fast

5)this is carebear society.
[Image: hugs-1448.gif]

everyone MUST be respectful to each other or else you might just get muted/temp-banned for calling someone out, so dont you worry about flames as you will face next to none in this server.
Hiroishime Wrote:5)this is carebear society.

sounds beautiful so far. one point of concern

Hiroishime Wrote:we have alot of whiners.

It was actually the whiners that caused most of the major balance problems ("MT bottles are to hard to farm" and *poof* they are in the tool dealer) on my last few servers. question 3 is thus incredibly critical.

though your current WOE/castle discussion is heartening. I have seen that discussion several time before, the civility is refreshing.
if the suggestions are reasonable, they might be implemented. The GM team is rather busy at late though.
yeltleaf Wrote:
Hiroishime Wrote:5)this is carebear society.

sounds beautiful so far. one point of concern

Hiroishime Wrote:we have alot of whiners.

It was actually the whiners that caused most of the major balance problems ("MT bottles are to hard to farm" and *poof* they are in the tool dealer) on my last few servers.??question 3 is thus incredibly critical.

though your current WOE/castle discussion is heartening.??I have seen that discussion several time before, the civility is refreshing.

carebear isnt always beautiful, just saying Icon_razz

as for whiners, most whiners here are pretty reasonable, the dumb whiners that ask for stuff like slotted lower headgears usually get shot down real fast.
There are some "changes" that I didn't know till I joined. I was PRETTY ticked off when I found out but...

1. Quest EXP can only give you a max of 150% you can't get more then one level. Sweat

2. New World monsters changed- (More weaker apparently?) Although, I liked the way they were originally. Sweat

3. No Battlegrounds. GAH FFFFF Sweat

^Weren't included in the server info. I had to ask Main... lol.

Still, heRO is a good server, because of the friendly people and GM's are pretty active. <- Events, yay!

BTW: Parties are a pain to get in, pretty hard to organize one, I'd suggest you and your buddies get in a guild. Icon_biggrin

Welcome and have fun!
1) The most unbalanced custom we have are probably the slotted wings; they take up a lower headgear and armor slot, but you get double the effect of whatever headgear or armor card is placed in it.

For events, you might get a couple Gold (used in Nobility, or just sold for some zeny), like two BBs, a Hatter Card, and/or a haircut coupon.

Gift Boxes are very common on this server.

Mining is a good way to pick up some ores (including level 4 weapon stones at low chance) or refining/forging materials for a low level character, though quite monotonous. Most of this can be sold to other players.

Oh, and there's none of the official repeatable quests outside new world. Don't know why, but don't care to ask; I haven't used them before anyway.

3) As long as you don't suggest anything ridiculous like @warp or third classes when eA hasn't begun to really work on them yet, you're good on the suggestion front.

4) A lot of the custom quests have given value to things that were previously worthless, or sold to the NPC because it took up space. My advice, horde everything away (unless it's like, Bloody Runes and you have over 1000 of them) because it could be used in a quest either now, or in the future.

I hope this is what you were hoping to hear No1
awww chard is soo attentive.... anyway, welcome to the server!

1. not too much, just check out the forums and wiki.

2. 2 years and not a 99/70 in sight yet I seem to be doing fine. So yeah, go casual! Laugh

3. what all the good people above said Ok

4. market is alive and kicking. Everyone needs gems and EDP and no one supplier seem to be able to provide for the whole community. Plus IIRC the number of sinXs is growing, so yeah EDP will always be in short supply imho.

5. both sides have always been fairly heard, though there is a slight schism between woe-ers and social-ers Laugh
but all in all we seem to get along fine. Though beware of the PVP warper, that one NPC has a nasty mouth Laugh

GL and HF!

-w-
5) how is the PvP community here. I have seen horrors i do not want to see again. Are they at least reasonable and respectful of non PvPers? If there is something that effects PvP and non PvP play, will both sides be fairly heard, or will i see "It effects PvP, this is all that matters" arguments?

lol, what PvPers? I only know of like 7 of the top of my head including me.
Reference URL's