heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: [Winners Announced!] Promo Contest!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Aaronock Wrote:Actually my favorite pieces here were from Miss Yoko herself, but Enki's is pretty good, and those little screens she made gave me a few chuckles and I can see why those would win at least.??

One thing I want to point out, the final product for some of the pieces may APPEAR to have only taken maybe a little bit of time to make, but you cannot judge that for certain.??Many factors go into even the smaller signatures.??For example, you do not know how many font types+colorizations may have occurred??to create the piece.??There are other factors to consider, working in a small space means you must be very conscious of where the placement of objects are to have the composition even work and be legible.

Tul, you described your process and how long it took you, please keep in mind that others even with their smaller arts may have taken just as mauch time, but for different reasons.??

This is a much more sensitive topic than the screenshot contest was, please try to be respectful of others work even if you do not like it.??There are ways to say this without totally crushing someone's artistic desires. :O

really big thanks for the support! I am almost crying here because of their opinion of my entry. Btw. Congratulations to all winners!
GM-Pandora Wrote:Just as Circe explained, we voted on what we felt promoted the server best. My number one vote went to onix' work, although I liked Enki's too, my 3rd was missyoko and 4th was for tulwar's vid.

I can only speak for myself, but who's in what guild didn't cross my mind when I made my selection, for most people I didnt know who they were in game, let alone what guild.

By the way, the winner Enki didn't even choose guild hall, in the end so much for the big conspiracy theory about it. Next time maybe try to calm down and be rational rather than escalate a mountain of assumptions.??

A big THANKS to everyone who participated, we hope to attract many more players to heRO with the help you provided! We'll start using the promo material soon.

He clearly didn't pick it because you already had access to one >:C

Ok, no, I'm kidding.

Btw Panda, which things from who won? some people had multiple entries =\
Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to the GMs for my honorable mention! Glad you liked my banners. (:
I wish I won, but the thing is that my last few banners (the good ones) were more technical animation and less actual art.??They looked amazing but weren't actually drawn, just put together in a pretty way.??I'll take honorable mention for that.

Maybe once I'm good at drawing, I can combine it with technical animation.... mmm... eye candy....
Under Score Wrote:really big thanks for the support! I am almost crying here because of their opinion of my entry. Btw. Congratulations to all winners!

No biggie, as a fellow artist I can stick up for others on the subject even if at times I can be an art snob. I blame the college ed-joo-mah-cation I have for that. Icon_cool
Shikari Wrote:He clearly didn't pick it because you already had access to one >:C

Ok, no, I'm kidding.

Btw Panda, which things from who won? some people had multiple entries =\

We considered people's entries as a group, of sorts, simply to stop people potentially turnings up multiple times in the winners list.

Remember guys, to the winners, get the list of your choices in order into Glyph's PM box, and as for others, remember to hit us up in game for other prizes!
What? That doesnt make sense ._. which ever item from a single person received the most points from the judges gets the win for that art, not for the others <_>; How it should be atleast.
It does make sense.

You can look at it two ways.

1) They were judged as a whole.
2) They were judged by piece, and then weren't allowed to place a second time for another piece, thus they appear only once on the list, anyway.

We actually chattered about what we liked the most with each other sometimes before the votes opened, etc, and from what I saw, I don't see any placing differences no matter which way you decide to look at it, as, as we said earlier, it's a Promo Contest, and one really strong piece is still going to make us vote for that person over someone who theoretically has many small pieces, even while looking at it it as a "package" of sorts.

Everyone seems to have issues no matter which way we judge these, and we have tried a few different ways in the past, so I'm just going to go make some food.

Edit:
Food downed!

In the short run, it was in an effort to prevent what caused so much drama with the Party Screenshot Contest.

When we get a bunch of strong similar quality entries from one (or even two or three people), and we vote on only one entry, it forces GMs to vote for the one they personally like best, even if they are all equally strong and even if all the GMs like them all.
What happens here is that due to slight changes in GM preferences and the such, it easily comes about that the votes get spread around over the large amount of entries, and as such, they all end up placing really low, whereas the single, potentially not-so-strong entries come out on top, simply due to the fact that there is only one to decide between.

While not directly the same as what happened in the screenshot contest, it is close. Everyone was disagreeing on which they thought was strongest, with drastically different opinions, so an entry that was, admittedly a bit lower down on a lot of GMs lists won. Then you guys all tried to flame us. Icon_razz

The other way this could have gone was that GMs only tended towards a couple of the entries from the people with multiple, and put them high on their votes list.
What happens here is that these people start placing multiple times, and we really didn't want that, either. Spread the love as much as we can.

There were a few other changes, such as the way the points voting system worked, but overall we wanted to try and preserve the strongest entries coming out on top, while not filling the prize list with duplicates.
We basically chose which entry we liked the most, and slapped the submitters name to it, rather than the piece itself.
Alright, I guess. The top people at least had one entry I liked, so Grats o.o.
Thank you so GM's! I wasn't expecting to place, there was so many wonderful entries! ; __;

Congrats to the winners~

Thank you Aaronock for liking my entries! I'm very honored. Icon_smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's