Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multi-Ethnic Sprites
Yumera Offline
Kissing Fiend

RE: Multi-Ethnic Sprites

I come from maple story XD we had 5 skin tones pale, normal, tan, dark and zombie >:3 though if anyone does have the basic heads in bmp from i can try and make a few workable pallets if people would want this.

~*:Yumera:Arlean:Erali:Yume:Miru:Rayne:Alana:Leilara:Wonderbucket:*~
02-14-2008 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

It is doable, but not easy. You see the thing is, the skin color of the body is part of the clothing palette, and the color of the face, is part of the hairstyle palette. This means making 1 dark tone body palette is easy, but then it needs to be made into a separate haircolor color for EACH hairstyle, so we have almost 100 hairstyles with male and female, x15 haircolor palette, 1 new skin tone would require a massive amount of files (1500!), not to mention the time required to make them, the space to add them to everyone's client, etc.

We've played around with skin tone a little in some clothing palettes, while still keeping them light enough to fit with the faces.

We could perhaps say that if you want a dark tone skin there is only 1 hairstyle available, and force it then not allow the stylist to change anything. That wouldn't be too bad. The dark skin tone could be a quest in umbala or something, where they "disguise" you like one of their tribe.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
02-14-2008 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yumera Offline
Kissing Fiend

that's not a bad idea, the whole quest for disguise thing. But no i never thought of changing all the hair styles nor all the pallets. I thought of keeping it to a 3 max per color. you are right 1500 files is a bit insane XD

~*:Yumera:Arlean:Erali:Yume:Miru:Rayne:Alana:Leilara:Wonderbucket:*~
02-14-2008 05:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Tell you what, if you wanna all the proper files to make it work, a clothing palette and 2 hairstyles (1 male, 1 female) and it looks decent, then I'll make the npc to have it available in game, but I don't wanna have to produce the files myself.

The files required for the head:
femalehair.act
femalehair.spr
malehair.act
malehair.spr
Optional: 15 haircolor palettes (.pal) for the female
Optional: 15 haircolor palettes (.pal) for the male
(If no haircolor palette are provided there will only be the color by default in the hairstyle available)

The files required for the body:
The converted RO .pal for each class, thats 32 files I think.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
02-15-2008 01:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply