I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2010 02:13 PM by Fruityla.)
04-18-2010 02:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE: Exp quest

Or even replace the item list to not-really-hunted monsters (like Rotten meat or Turtle Shells), that'd be another good idea.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
04-18-2010 02:18 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

I think I said it before on "another account."

Nothing is wrong with the concept of Exp quest.

But, a lot of things are with *those* Exp quest.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
04-18-2010 05:29 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Can you be more specific Nami? Ok

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
04-18-2010 05:36 PM
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

I actually agree with these quests. It encourages to hunt on different maps for profit or experience. Actually, I agree with it being implemented on heRO under one condition, for balance purposes : First, the item list being changed around a bit. The commonly hunted monsters that also drop repeatable quest items should be changed.

Other than that, I think it's good. heRO prevents multilevelling, so it's not like doing experience quests would give multiple levels at once. Actually, I don't know much about the repeatable experience quests ; I think I've seen a table once, but that's it. So I wouldn't have a clue whether they could multilevel you even with 5x rates to begin with.

Maybe change the experience rewards a bit (increasing them from official servers, but not 5x rates like the server rates are). Or add a maximum amount of times a character can do each of these repeatable quests, such as ten times or whatever.

[Image: Combination.jpg]
04-18-2010 06:33 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Pandora (and myself XD), think the idea of Monster Of The Month/Fortnight is the most feasible.
Nice rotation of areas and mobs, to keep you all suffering on your toes. Icon_smile

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

04-18-2010 10:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

ehmm i thought we already have a monster extermination quest?

it's not that i mind, something new on top of that would be nice. But from what i've heard the item vs exp rewards would really have to be fine tuned to avoid broken-ness...

and as for specific monster kill tally, isn't that what a TK ranker does?
tbh i wouldn't mind if we kinda indirectly force it on other classes so that more ppl see more of the world than just spores muka wolves moscovia hillwinds...

-w-
04-19-2010 12:23 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

yea wira, it's pretty much what TK rankers do, but sadly it's hard coded within a skill, not something you can easily stick someplace else without reinventing it again.

besides, in order for it to truly work properly, each monster would have to inherit a whole new flag to allow for the quest to work, and it would have to be a character specific variable that stored the info, then cleared it at the end of the quest.

honestly, too much work for a rather simplistic quest idea.

the TK skill does nothing more than get the kill flag from the monster which is tied to the monster id, which when checked by the skill for a match will then decrement/increment (i honestly forget which it does) the number by 1 each time the kill flag is sent.

but again, it's hard coded in to the skill itself, and not as a more useful npc command.

would be nice though.
04-19-2010 01:36 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE:??Exp quest

mahawirasd Wrote:ehmm i thought we already have a monster extermination quest?

it's not that i mind, something new on top of that would be nice. But from what i've heard the item vs exp rewards would really have to be fine tuned to avoid broken-ness...

and as for specific monster kill tally, isn't that what a TK ranker does?
tbh i wouldn't mind if we kinda indirectly force it on other classes so that more ppl see more of the world than just spores muka wolves moscovia hillwinds...

-w-

Come on Wira, we all know most people do not like even BOTHER to do the monster extermination quest each month. x_X

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-19-2010 07:19 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

RE:??Exp quest

Aaronock Wrote:I think it'd be neat at least to have a monster of the week/month.??That week/month it would give extra experience, and perhaps have a different drop than normal or have a higher drop rate.??We could pick basic monsters up to the highest end game of monsters if we wanted.??

I love this idea. Implement! Implement! Implement!

Can I get an Amen?
04-19-2010 11:14 AM