Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dokebi Card vs Steel ChonChon Card
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE: Dokebi Card vs Steel ChonChon Card

I dunno. The way it sounds I can't stack Elemental Armor's resist with Item resists.

Like using the Typhoon Armor with Dustiness garment. I kinda understand it a bit, but I don't understand the whole of it. I know that Typhoon gives Wind Property Defense so I'd be treated as a Wind Property Monster and only take 25% of the damage that would have been done.

But I don't understand how the rest of it works. Does the 30% for Dusty, then 10% for Giant Hornet, reduce from the 25 I would take or does it add to it?

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
07-19-2011 09:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

What Kiyo said, I think armor/Mdef comes first, then elemental resistance, than your cards resistance of the top of that.
07-19-2011 10:59 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

So in some cases Steel Chon Chon would be better when trying to get the full 100.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
07-19-2011 11:10 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Well, the order doesn't really matter, minus the before/after % redux.
How it works is everything adds with itself. All of your resist X element adds together, all of your resist X race adds together, all of your resist X size adds together (separately). Then, all of the applicable resists are applied multiplicatively. This works the same for damage cards. EXP shoes' bonus damage from X is just a negative resist, it's still additive with your other resists (Thara Frog + Am Mut = 30% + -20% = 10% resist Demihuman)
EXAMPLE: Hodremlin card in a Stone Buckler, Beret, Am Mut shoes, spiked scarf
15% + 5% = 20% resist Large
10% + -20% + 2% = -8% resist Demihuman
Up against a mounted knight/pally (who are large), all damage they do would be 100% * 80% * 108% = 86.4% of their damage output.

So. The reason why you want ONE resistance is because of how multiplication under 1 works. 90% of 90% of 10 isn't 8, it's 8.1
However, this works the same in reverse for attack- 110% of 110% of 10 isn't 12, it's 12.1
So, if you stack one resistance, you get a higher net % resist, while stacking multiple attacks, you get a higher net % damage.
Just remember to multiply it out.
Hydra Hydra (40% vs demi; 40% net) > Hydra Skel (20% demi, 15% medium; 38% net)
unless your base atk is less than 100 or something...

Elemental affinities are like a bonus % applied last. 25% vs same, 50% vs strength, 125% vs counter, 100% vs parallel (all for level 1 elemental armors). Now, holy/shadow/undead are different, but that type matchup chart will work just fine. Just remember, you're level 1 of the element, but monsters can be higher.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
07-19-2011 11:28 PM