Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom weapons
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Custom weapons

I don't know about you guys, but I think a weapon or accessory that gives Enchant Poison lvl 1or 3 would be nice
10-28-2007 05:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Before we start on adding more customs lets try and get all the items we havent implemented yet into the game.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
10-28-2007 07:54 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

lol so its agreed Stalkers get every weapon /ok all at 500 atk ^_^ joy t'is a happy day to be a stalker Icon_razz

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
10-29-2007 02:44 AM
Spire Offline

Ok I'm going to put my two cents in now >.>;

I believe we should have something custom thats not just heargear, and isn't the exact same for each alignment, because for one, Light has more people, just flat out numbers beat out the powerful dark members. Although giving the Dark-Dark elemented weapons would give an advantage in woe, they can easily use cursed water. Weapons might not be the way to go, but I would like to see more gear, that requires light/dark points.

As much as I love the Light side myself. Its because of what alignment I tend to tilt tword, not because of little cute flappy wings. And honestly the Dark side really gets the short end of the stick when it comes to cute headgears.

Ok, My personal opinion is that we should have custom accy's that give skills that a light or a dark person would have for example, the light people might have an accy that lets them cast asperio, where the dark could enchant poison. Each are very useful yet diffrent in their own way.

On the idea of Weapons it would be a balance issue, how to not give too powerful weapons out, how to make them useful to every class, and not to give them too powerful of abilities, furthermore the weapons could not be the same power. Ex: A lv4 holy elemented bow with 150 attack. Sound Frimailiar? Easily the most powerful bow in the game a Rudra bow has these properties. However a lv 4 two handed sword with 150 attack would rather kinda suck.. since the attack of a simple Claymore overpowers it. How to keep balance? I really wouldn't know where to start. I think, for weapons at least, we shoulc stick to what we already have.

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
10-29-2007 08:39 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Sekaru Wrote:lol so its agreed Stalkers get every weapon /ok all at 500 atk ^_^ joy t'is a happy day to be a stalker Icon_razz

Actually Sekaru I did say this earlier in the topic on my first post ^_^
Quote:How about if we make custom items they be normal stuff for the classes?
I don't like the idea of classes being able to equip things outside the norm, that's really a big part of game balance to me o.o

Meaning no I don't agree that you should get all weps :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-29-2007 12:30 PM
Kenkaru Offline

Hum as much as I love custom weapons or anything custom really I must say that custom weapons take away the balance of the game greatly. Many say that Dark side would get the advantage on Woe if they get shadow property weapons but hey Holy weapons unbalance the pvm side of the game greatly. Good example of this was my old server Axe of oath. It was a normal lvl 4 axe with [1] slot holy and gave +10 vit. The axe didn't do much in woe didn't do much around most training places but give the axe to a smith and droop him in niffheim. With common gear and a decent build the smith could deal about 1200 damage per hit with decent aspd thanks to this weapon. Mammonite did inhuman damage and allowed them to walk around one hit killing things around the map.

Sure the quest to make it was hard as hell but it was still possible to do. Now here is an idea that came to my head. You all seen those items from Iro that give X bonus during X event right ? Well since the whole custom weapon people been mentioning the most are leaned to the alliances system how about making weapons that to an extend clone lvl 4 weapons such as the Executioner sword.

Example a dark side weapon for Two handed LKs.

"Sword of Darkness" [0]
-Bla bla bla sword for followers of the dark side-
Two handed sword
Equitable by Swordsman class only.
Attack power: 120
Property: Shadow.
Special Effect: 20% more damage on light aligned players. 10% more damage from light aligned players.
Pierces the defenses of Light aligned players.
3% chance of causing external bleeding per hit.
This item only works through the Trial of Heroes Event.

^ Sword above kinda represents what the evil side do on most games such as magic the gathering or whatever thing you like. Over powered to an extend but it comes with a prize. Pure offensive but lowers your defense greatly. The thing is the weapon is made to be more flavoring than anything.

>_> I'm new to the server but I read the sticky about the Heroes thing so this mainly be useful during the light versus dark fights but still nice to have eh ?
10-29-2007 11:42 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

the fact that berserk drops a LK's defense to inexistance anyway really makes a dark sided LK have no fear about using the sword ^_^; and making an item usable only during an event maybe cumbersome to make~

Namin? is rather happy at the current progress and style of the server handling custom equipment... rather be safe and stay "uncreative" instead of risking it all to turn the economy and game balance upside down. It's how to fix a balance issue after the damage is already done~

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
10-29-2007 11:53 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Sorry to desapoint, but I'm not planning to add any custom weapon in a near future. With all the different classes this is hard to balance and would require a lot of hassle.

I'm also not considering making anything shadow/holy element, those are 2 very different elements and even if they would be fitting with the light/dark concept, they serve different purpose.

Accessories I could consider however.

But enchant poison, I don't think so. We have to be very careful when giving to all classes a skill that is specific to 1.

As mentionned in another topic, we try to make light/dark rather equivalent, we don't want people to choose a side for the bonus they would get on a gear. As the example someone gave, if one side has a holy weapon, someone would join that side to level with it in Nif, rather than for roleplaying reasons.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-30-2007 08:26 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I agree, Enchant Poison is extremely powerful if used in the right hands. Even if it is level one, I know how EP works and omg I never want to see LK with it or WS! >_<
And when you put it the way you do panda-I am glad to think you do things the way you do.

And accessories hmmmm...sounds fun ^_^

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-30-2007 11:29 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

I personally am more interested in getting all of the official gears implemented before adding customs.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
10-30-2007 03:46 PM