Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hair Coupon Quests
Silk Offline
Prince of AFK

RE: Hair Coupon Quests

An update would be swell, but don't make it -too- easy. Else the custom hairstyles would be way too common, which in my opinion, is a bad thing. xP

[Image: Banner.png]
Silk - 9x/6x Whitesmith; Knights of Lunch Guildmaster.
Polyester - 9x/6x Clown; AFK Officer.
Acrylic - 9x/6x High Priest - Akuma.
Rayon - 8x/5x Professor; 'Elaborate' Guildmaster.
Cotton - 9x/6x Sniper; Divine Nocturne Member.
Denim - 8x/5x Paladin; Guildless.
Leather - 8x/5x Stalker; Guildless.
01-08-2009 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I never noticed the problem with Aloe Leaflets and Cat's Eyes since I actually go to places where this stuff is common drop :O

Aloe+Wooden Hearts make me mad cause Umbala 2 just freaking SUCKS for being any good for much of anything =(

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-08-2009 01:00 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

IMHO hinalle leaflets and aloe are too plentiful. Cat's eyes are a bit rare because imho the dungeon's not that great so not too many people bother going there, however they should'nt be too hard. Wooden hearts should not be a problem at all because the dungeon itself IMHO is not as annoying as louyang and that the monsters there have pretty decent hp/exp ratio and is at the threshold where it has enough def for infil but not too much to cause problems even for a rogue. Mdef is also not too high, so casters shouldn't have a problem. Cultish masks are also often required by the quest, and even though those marduks have low def and HP, they still have decent Mdef (60+79) and the map itself is really not friendly for casters. Umbala dungeon has 2 main ranged attackers (dryad being a minor one due to her short range), but they are more of a nuisance in the first level. The second level is riddled with wooden golems who shoud be easy prey for casters (hey if mages can level on stalactite golems -neutral- even with the megaliths etc there, 200% fire damage on wooden golems with half stalactite's HP should be doable)...

My GF loves to do these quests and she has loads of HC coupons. She mostly uses her rogue to get the stuff she needs, and even when she can't, a 2-person party seems to be able to get most anything needed by the quest easily. And really a monk and a knight isn't the best party formation/roster possible (you might even say it's an awkward pairing), however we pulled through quite safely thank you...

So yeah i think it's not too hard, thus i implore you not to make it any easier... Those who seek haircut coupons should party up and hunt together...

When a quest exerts effort, people will value it more.

-w-
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2009 01:08 AM by mahawirasd.)
01-09-2009 01:01 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??Hair Coupon Quests

mahawirasd Wrote:When a quest exerts effort, people will value it more.

-w-

This highly depends on the rewards. If we had the Sign quest for getting only a normal Jellopy, and nothing more, do you think people would value it more?

(Extremes = yummy)

Inasad
stop doing dickers
01-09-2009 04:18 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

my personal only problem is just the aloe plant... all the others are relatively high percent drop somewhere out there.

If we're changing it at all (IF we are), it's more for the reason that the same quests have been used for years and it may not be bad for a change in pace, similar to why we do castle rotations to woe. Just to be... different.

01-09-2009 04:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Make people go to new and wacky places :D

01-09-2009 04:47 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

We already did that somewhat with Monster Extermination ;p since when have we seen people going to fight The Paper of all things?

01-09-2009 05:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

well there were a lot of people hunting paper cards it seems... thief combo right?

well the monster ext. quest is really quite hard. I've only helped my GF and a friend complete it. Personally i think some NPC map placements are just ebil (considering they move around)... /sob

but i think the quest itself is a great concept. +1 for that!

however getting a card (i assume they are the of the hatter group) and 2 OPB is quite OK i guess, however i would really understand how some people would rather grind or hunt cluster spawns rather than spend the time looking for these low drops and deliver them to moving NPCs...

great concept nonetheless!

-w-
01-09-2009 05:29 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I think the prize should have been a little better at times...I just do it out of boredom more than anything else XD

01-09-2009 11:29 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Monster Exterminator gives allegiance points, which you'll need eventually.. Icon_wink

As for hair coupon, I'll think about it like I said, but it's not a priority. ^_^;

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-09-2009 07:47 PM