Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strengthing negative status effects
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Strengthing negative status effects

Poison hurts, very much, it practically negates or can negate an Energy coat to a mage *depending on your sp count when poisoned*

Poison isn't for the high vit classes anyway, its meant for the lower end, and when you duel without pots, poison is a powerful tool, just as muting or other such skills like cursing and what not also become.

Enchant poison on sin class means no more worries on raydric, and its kinda obvious when the person slips agriorpe or ED on you.

In other words, poison nor other status effects need to be fixed, people just need to learn how to utilize them better. Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-28-2007 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lance Offline
Dragon Lance - Hiya! Normal People!

Word.

Don't try using a butter knife to amputate someone, leave that to the bonesaw. *nods*
12-28-2007 08:09 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

I ownz with poison Icon_razz

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
12-28-2007 11:58 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Sekaru Wrote:I ownz with poison Icon_razz

And a simple statement from the thief class player main should say it all :3

12-29-2007 12:37 AM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

all you have to do is pay attention to the FULL effects of each status ailment.

Blind - reduces sight range to a degree and reduces hit.??Obviously you want to throw this on someone with lot of accuracy like a smith or an archer class.??Make them miss you from time to time.??Plus throw this on an archer and he GENERALLY can't see what he's shooting at which is an added bonus.

Poison - Reduces defence by 25%.??Wow that just hurts.??Halts Natural Regeneration oh man, that's just evil and a half.??When you're poisoned you don't regen hp or sp.??At all.??Period. Ok, example. You know how you can't kill those high priests even with soul burn cause their sp regen is too high? poison them, THEN soul burn them. No sp, AND no sp regen. Bam, dead.

Stoned - Unable to act, pick up items or use items until stone curse has been activated oh god, that's lovely.??For about 5 seconds anyone in this status is completely useless unless a priest throws a status recovery on him.??seriously, this locks down people fast.

Stone Curse - Completely immobilizes target, degenerate hp of the victom by 1% of his/her max hp per 5 seconds, +25% mdef, -50% def, forces your element into earth 1??Breaks if struck.??ever get pissed off by someone with godly def or ghost armor???That's how you get around it.??Plus throw a fire elemental spike damage skill in on top of that and you'll do a ton of damage too.

Freeze - target is unable to move, act, use items, or ANYTHING for the duration of the spell.??Dispells (breaks) on damage taken.??forces element to water 1 heloooooooo anti-ghost???Why do you think FD/JT is so strong???Plus the duration is godly long so yeah that's good too.

Sleep - same as freeze but no element change.??I dunno, I haven't used sleep much.??It's nasty, when used right I suppose but it's not my thing.??If nobody touches the sleepign target you can probably make this last longer then freeze, but i haven't tested.

Coma - omg, evil.??It's like sleep but hitting them doesn't wake them up!??FREE HITS!

Stun - immobilizes target for a short period of time.??reduces flee to 0 for the duration of the skill uhm.??Assassin???Flee 0???Dead???anyone?

External Bleeding - causes extreme pain in the target and hp loss of an alarming degree.??This is probably what you were thinking about for poison.??Here's the deal though.??You can't cure external bleeding.??Even with status recovery.??Hit someone with this and they'll die if they don't heal up.??I hear this works on emperiums too.

Strip <equipment> - remove stated equipment and prevent any other equipment from being equipped until the effect wears off.??... I don't think I need to say why this is good for the attacker and bad for the defender.

Agility Down/Quagmire - removes movement speed or aspd buffs, reduces move speed for a short period of time.??Hate to say it but this is a great effect.??Quagmire a group of enemies and they can't catch up to you unless someone can agi+ or break the quagmire effect.??For wizards that means you have time to set up a big spell.??Good thing there.

anyways, think that's all of em?

those arej ust like some of how you gotta use the ailment.??any questions?

EDIT: actually something DID just occur to me but you'll only get it from monsters at the moment:

Convert Undead - if you're glowing green it basically means you're temporarily undead 1 element.??Equivilant to wearing evil druid armor.??there is NO cure and in fact, attempting to use status recovery on the victom only blinds him

Hi, don't whisper me please.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2007 07:47 AM by Rhino_Man.)
12-29-2007 07:42 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I forsee this skill Convert Undead being given to one of the 3-1 classes, or at least a simpler version of it *single target can miss skill probably*

It will be used in some interesting ways if so.

12-29-2007 01:49 PM
zanias Offline
It was in our own hearts, all of us.

What about the nurfs that eathena seem to dish out? Could it be that eathena nurfed, like almost all of the other sin builds, the poison build?

[Image: 30086811_2135620823427028_3680913343494750208_n.jpg]
12-29-2007 04:34 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

which nerfs are you talking about. There's more then one and they each ahve a reasoning behind it.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
12-30-2007 01:05 AM
Former-GM-Law Offline
(Former GM on heRO)

Please don't forget about the confusion Ailment: Walking in a random direction can really hamper a players ability to defend themselves.
12-30-2007 01:11 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Confusion never seems to work as far as I know, I never see it work when myst cases attack me, just annoying numbers that make no sense can freak a person out though.

12-30-2007 01:49 AM