Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Banker Interest?
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: Banker Interest?

close rachel again. i hear alot of servers close rachel periodically.

i swear i wont go overboard again Icon_razz
12-15-2007 09:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

You should have a monetary tug of war game. Two equally nice features for us to get. Something like.. "Do you want Veins or Homuc first?" Those who donate towards Veins move the variable in one direction and those who donate towards Homuc move the variable in the other direction. When the variable breaks 300mil (or -300mil) then the winning side can no longer donate for two days or until the other side pushes them below 250mil (to be fair to time zones). If after the two days nobody can push it below 250mil then all voting stops and you implement either Veins or Homunc that week. And the other feature 1-2 weeks later.

It doesn't have to be limited to Veins or Homunc I am just using those as an example. It also doesn't have to be limited to 300mil. It all depends on how much money you want to take out of the economy.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
12-15-2007 01:30 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Haha nice suggestion XD

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-15-2007 01:57 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

that sounds fun but im pretty sure you could easily predict which side would win in each case after a few hours when the donations overwhelm the other side. then the other side would be way to reluctant to donate cuz they dont think its worth it.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2007 06:19 PM by teOx.)
12-15-2007 06:18 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Money controlling the server even more, yeah that is sooooo gonna help...

12-15-2007 06:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

You could throw in prizes akin to the Rachel donation voucher things and it will become more worth it.

12-15-2007 06:56 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:??Banker Interest?

Kadar Wrote:You could throw in prizes akin to the Rachel donation voucher things and it will become more worth it.
You mean controlling what happens in the server isn't value enough?

12-15-2007 07:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

The people with money don't control what happens to the server. No matter what the outcome of the event BOTH THINGS HAPPEN. It's just a little game so that money is taken out of the server. The only 'control' that the rich people will have is that they get to be impatient by having the thing they want come out ahead of the other. IF they aren't outbid. So whatever little control they get to have if this event happens doesn't amount to anything. They won't be making huge decisions. Maybe the event would be that everyone gets a cookie or everyone get pie. (distributed like the cake npc) Vote for which one you want everyone to get by spending lots of money. I just figured that something people might care about, such as a phase coming out a week early or w/e, makes for a better event.

Rather than posting pointless sarcastic remarks you should suggest a change you think would be better or warn about something you think could be a problem. Sarcasm isn't constructive and does nothing to further the discussion about this suggestion.

EDIT:
On another note perhaps a GM could close this topic and move posts 12 and on to a new thread. Otherwise consider this thread hijacked... :D

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2007 08:01 PM by Kadar.)
12-15-2007 07:57 PM
Kyriel Offline
The High School Kid

I believe the intrest is a good idea, but not quite for this server.
This server has a few custom high-income thingies like mining.

Interest would serve only those who are having a hard time getting their riches started with the little increments and those who are outrageously rolling in it.

If you're strapped for cash, go hunt some high-profit spoils or mine or something to that extent.

I'm not crazy.
I'm "sanity impaired"
I swear it.
12-19-2007 07:15 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

RE:??Banker Interest?

teOx Wrote:close rachel again. i hear alot of servers close rachel periodically.

i swear i wont go overboard again Icon_razz

er the problem with closing rachel is that panda has to go through each character and wipe the save point in rachel dungeon cause otherwise people can sneak past the locked dungeon on their warp trails.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
12-19-2007 07:38 PM