Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rebalance Selkies
Menace651 Offline

Rebalance Selkies

Could GM's redo the Selkies in Muspel and Mini Muspel? Getting past those things is impossible if you don't have enough people. It was fine when this server still had a big population but now its a lot harder with a smaller population.

Getting past the selkies requires 10 good killers. Less if you have well geared people that can do 2-3. That plus support classes and it can take a party of 8-12+ people to complete. There are other ways to cheese past them with only 2-3 people but that is a pain in the ass as well.

I suggest reducing the number of selkies to around 5-6. Or make them non-respawning but a lot harder to defeat as a kind of stall tactic. Also make them boss flagged to prevent people from knockback/polymorphing them allowing people to cheese it with 2-3 people. This would allow smaller parties of 5-6 people to successfully complete Muspel.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
01-02-2018 12:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Rebalance Selkies

Initially, they were movable, on a smaller map with the same stats except for 8x the HP (so that's why currently they have an insane exp/hp ratio), but it was mobbed by solo players with water immunity/gtb so they got changed to the way it was. It's essentially a hard count that you must have X number of players to move further as the intent, no matter how flashy your gear is. So a lot of "problems" that you pointed out are intended by GMs of that time era.

Boss mode to avoid cheese polymorph does sound like a plan to stop a loophole, though it also means you can't silence them anymore. As for changing the intention to lower Muspel's head count to 5-6 and adjust Muspel accordingly, we'll have to think that one through. I'll also be honest that given the current dev schedule that we've planned, I don't see any chance of major changes beyond monster database adjustment type of thing until May as the best case scenario either...

01-02-2018 12:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply