heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: What Movie or DVD have you seen recently?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Studio Ghibli are the awesomest! ^_^ I recently watched From Up on Poppy Hill, so nice as always.
Huntress Wrote:Studio Ghibli are the awesomest! ^_^ I recently watched From Up on Poppy Hill, so nice as always.

UUUU- You just reminded me to watch that. Have been planning since like, last year but never got around to doing it.

Well, recently re-watched Ghibli movies. Whisper of The Heart will always be ♥♥♥
Life of pie.
http://screenrant.com/life-of-pi-movie-ending-spoilers/

Best art movie I saw so far.

Safe House.

It plays of in South Africa (homeland) its funny in a country so tied up in racial politics, crimes, life ect. A potencially racially film is made with such a void of racism.
Anyways best movie that is made in SA via imports.
The Man From Earth.
An impromptu goodbye party for Professor John Oldman becomes a mysterious interrogation after the retiring scholar reveals to his colleagues he never ages and has walked the earth for 14,000 years.
One of the best movies I've ever watched.
Recently been watching a lot of chick flick movies thanks to my aunt! Some were:
  • Easy A
  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall
  • Chalet Girl
  • Another Cinderella Story: Once Upon A Song (or smth)

There were a lot more but I can't remember them at the moment.

And I also watched something different! The Purge. Honestly, I found that the story line was a bit unique (and sort of idiotic, too) but still I can give a thumbs-up for originality, I guess. Also cause the leading actress was one of my faves No1
If you want a laugh, although not a movie.. I suggest Portlandia on Netflix. Hilarious :]
Huntress Wrote:Studio Ghibli are the awesomest! ^_^ I recently watched From Up on Poppy Hill, so nice as always.

watched Hotaru no Haka already?
or Spirited Away, The Borrowers Arriety and Totoro ofc :D
Grave of the fireglies (Hotaru no Haka) is so sad, I've watched it but it was a while ago, poor kids. Not a Ghibli but in a similar style, if you haven't already try: Barefoot Gen (Hadashi no Gen).

Seen Arriety and all the older ghiblies, including some pre-ghibli oscbure stuff like Gauche the cellist, Panda go panda, Conan, etc. I was quite the ghibli fanatic in my days, even have the cute dvd player:

[Image: ghibli-dvd-sm.jpg]
I want that DVD player!!
Frozen - i can't get the songs out of my head. Beautiful disney story, nice to see the strong bond of siblings :3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's