heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: WoE Revitalization Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Antimind Wrote:I'll put it this way they make the elitist douchers (like me) of heRO seem like the biggest carebears in the world.

......what would that make people who are already carebears? Its a scary thought but I'd like to see that D:
Shikari Wrote:
Antimind Wrote:I'll put it this way they make the elitist douchers (like me) of heRO seem like the biggest carebears in the world.

......what would that make people who are already carebears? Its a scary thought but I'd like to see that D:

Muppets, maybe?
I won't be surprised that people try returning to iRO anyway after this whole doomsayer talk is over with about Renewal...

But I know how us MMO addicts are. :D
Aaronock Wrote:I won't be surprised that people try returning to iRO anyway after this whole doomsayer talk is over with about Renewal...

But most of the doomsday talk with iRO is more related to the recent password fiasco and not so much renewal. iRO really blew it and lost everyone's trust with the way they handled that password recovery thing, and the flip-flop of making a 2nd p2p renewal server right after they finally combined all the servers into one to maintain population...

Changes and whatever innovations, be it renewal or not, is really unlikely to be the start of any doomsday theory compare to administrative drama for official and p-servers alike.
Icon_biggrin - That about sums it up. Soooo many people lost accounts that they just can't get back. Some people were able to recover accounts that didn't even belong to them. Others who never shared acc info can't get their accounts back. Then there's guys like my homie. He's known for being a "swordie collector". The guy literally had 70+ accounts with different LKs and pallys that he handlvled, built, and geared. He can't get most of those back.

Try to imagine if this had happened on heRO. Try to put yourselves in that position. Imagine all of the passwords were reset. The only way to get them back is through an automated system that doesn't send the e-mails out half the time. Imagine that ALL of your accounts now have to be bound to a single master account. How would you feel if you were told flat out that you couldn't bind your accounts and have no way of getting them back. Even worse someone already claimed your accounts so you can't prove they're actually your's. Would you still want to play or go elsewhere?
Antimind Wrote:Icon_biggrin - That about sums it up. Soooo many people lost accounts that they just can't get back. Some people were able to recover accounts that didn't even belong to them. Others who never shared acc info can't get their accounts back. Then there's guys like my homie. He's known for being a "swordie collector". The guy literally had 70+ accounts with different LKs and pallys that he handlvled, built, and geared. He can't get most of those back.

Try to imagine if this had happened on heRO. Try to put yourselves in that position. Imagine all of the passwords were reset. The only way to get them back is through an automated system that doesn't send the e-mails out half the time. Imagine that ALL of your accounts now have to be bound to a single master account. How would you feel if you were told flat out that you couldn't bind your accounts and have no way of getting them back. Even worse someone already claimed your accounts so you can't prove they're actually your's. Would you still want to play or go elsewhere?
Which is one of the reasons to make backups regularly and have them avaible for a rollback. If iRO isn't this way, they are noobs.
Has anyone found out the reason for the constant errors? Nothing like reaching pre emp to get a error to toss you out of the castle and back to town. That's a pretty big WoE killer IMO >_>
Could just be lag. Maybe a sprite error if you aren't fully patched. Could also be blatant cheating (GMs would have caught it here though). I haven't been round for WoE recently but I've WoE'ed nuff on diff servers to know not to put anything past anyone. Prolly just a lag issue. Lag is terribad during WoE on heRO. Try turning off effects and see if that helps.
Antimind Wrote:What I said.

I am 75% in agreement to what Antimind said, the other 25% is for the alliance thing, since small woe guild in this server take full advantage of this system. Oh and the top ranked guild get a chance at an item (correct me if I read it wrong), no thanks, let's just give out award by points no matter where you stand in the rankings, Top Rank should be for e-penis.

On what Panda wrote. I would love the WoE 3.0, it sounds interesting and also give you a fill of the people you'll see in woe. Also give you something else to do in the server. I'm okay with it so long there ain't that fail exp loss like in "Last Guild Standing", i mean "Last Man Standing". As for the derandomizing, do it please, its a way to make guilds move from castle and the whole point of each Realm, the game was made so you would get a unique item per Realm.
Giving a guild something just for showing up is stupid. Giving guilds a reason to compete is better. The fort loots suck. Certain guilds benefit more from skipping WoE and just sticking to high-tier MVP. Holding a fort alone is e-peen factor. Actually having something worth competing for is a reason to bother WoEing.

If some guilds can't compete having something worth competing for would be reason enough to learn to WoE, build up a force, and go for it. Just handing them something for showing up is absolutely retarded. Any guild would show up just to get whatever. That doesn't help with the matter at hand: competition.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's