heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: IRL Pets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Good to hear you are out of danger wai Icon_razz
If I were a spider I would want a bigger house !! :DD
I love two of them Kissy Bobo & Pipi

Jens : your spiders look cool! Icon_suprised

[Image: 20qkj0m.jpg]

[Image: 1z2i0ro.jpg]

[Image: 2airn6o.jpg]
(04-23-2014 01:17 PM)Mupfelsan Wrote: [ -> ]If I were a spider I would want a bigger house !! :DD

I move them into larger containers as they grow

(04-23-2014 03:23 PM)Valerie12345 Wrote: [ -> ]Geez sorry Jens,anyways spiders dont have feelings >:D

I know, their neural system is not really developed, they don't even have a brain, just a pair of basal ganglions

(04-24-2014 02:19 AM)w@isAn Wrote: [ -> ]Jens : your spiders look cool! Icon_suprised

Yep, they do.

Time for spider yoga!

[Image: rrv39l.jpg]
(04-23-2014 03:23 PM)Valerie12345 Wrote: [ -> ]Geez sorry Jens,anyways spiders dont have feelings >:D

Just like humans don't have feelings =p

My cat laughs at us
[Image: IMG_0022640x480_zps40c1bf54.jpg]
Joe is just joking around Icon_razz
Jens are your spiders dangerous or poisonous? <.<
I want to see a pic of you with your spiders on your body ! >:DD
(04-24-2014 03:43 PM)Mupfelsan Wrote: [ -> ]Joe is just joking around Icon_razz
Jens are your spiders dangerous or poisonous? <.<
I want to see a pic of you with your spiders on your body ! >:DD

I am fairly certain I would be okay, should I ever decide to eat one of my spiders, but I certainly do not intend to do so.

The Oxford Dictionary Wrote:Poisonous and venomous are not identical in meaning, although they are often used interchangeably. A poisonous animal or plant produces toxins that are harmful when the animal or plant is touched or eaten, whereas a venomous snake or other creature is able to inject venom by means of its fangs, spines, or stingers.
(04-24-2014 03:19 PM)Valerie12345 Wrote: [ -> ]w@i: how old are those bunnies?They look like babies too me :3
Legendary Joe: lol why then human cries laughs smiles gets angry aren't those called FEELINGS??

Nope, those are reactions to various Stimuli~
Oh I see well then I mean venomous Icon_suprised
Thanks for this, hope I will remember that Icon_biggrin
And yes, almost all spiders are venomous. However, in a majority of species, the venom is harmless to humans, some could cause irritation and/or pain, but that's about it. Regarding tarantulas (Theraphosidae), from so called New World (the three Americas), their venom is generally compared to a bee/wasp sting in potency, aside from genera (plural of genus) Tapinauchenius and Psalmopoeus, and even theirs will give you muscle cramps, tops. Mechanical damage from the fangs (some species are large) is actually more dangerous.

Old World (Africa+Asia) tarantulas are meaner, more defensive and have more potent venom. Some genera could send a healthy adult into hospital but nothing life threatening.

Eeeeh, this turned into a lecture, I'll stop at this point. Buuut if you want, I could start a lecture thread or something. I'll be more than happy to use my little knowledge to debunk myths about spiders and demolish the undeserved bad reputation these fascinating creatures have.
I would prefer a picture wit ha spider on your hand or head :DDD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Reference URL's