heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: IRL Pets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
omg shes so pretty, and she knows tricks, awesome
Thanks! She also knows how to fetch, but only does it with one particular toy. Otherwise, she pretends to not know a thing about retrieving. Any cat can learn, though. If you're patient!

My great uncle taught one of his cats to walk on a treadmill, jump through hoops/over little barriers, and to bring him his cane. :3
[Image: ouxkl1.jpg]

My kitty, Gomez, and I! Icon_mrgreen
Well, my spiders can't fetch.

Igor
[Image: 5pmlxz.jpg]

Igor, again
[Image: 28lwhlf.jpg]

Ad?la
[Image: sm3x4y.jpg]
Spiders may not fetch, but they do some other spiffy stuff that cats cannot. There is no shame in being able to shoot spiny hairs at your enemies.
Ah, someone's been doing their homework Icon_suprised
Most New World (the Americas) tarantulas can indeed defend themselves by kicking off urticating bristles from their "butt" (although some prefer to press themselves onto the intruder, like Avicularia spp., and the genus Ephebopus has their urticating hairs on pedipalps)

Fan of spiders? too bad that spider import/export is illegal in Australia.
Oh, we got plenty of our own species....

Nothing like a single season's huntsman brood covering your walls and roof for weeks.
Or the infamous Atrax robustus, more commonly known as Sidney funnel web spider. Cutie.

I'm not really a fan of burrowing species (aka pet holes) so Australian tarantulas (there are 4 known genera of Theraphosidae in Australia) are quite out of my interest range xD
Experimented a bit with photo cropping..

[Image: 2m26o48.png]
where are its eyes?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Reference URL's