heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Winners Announced Custom Card Contest!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
poeticwings Wrote:[Image: selkiefinalmaybe.png]

Well, quite sad. I've only ever practiced heads and hair. The body took me forever and I'm still not satisfied. Icon_confused

That's a Selkie if you haven't figured.

The line for the chin/cheek outlines needs to be sharpened a bit. It looks like her chin is fading into her throat :o

Rest is pretty good though :3
Yumera Wrote:[Image: eralia.png]
I had to do Eralia because of 2 reasons. One I think that it's some sort of conspiracy that the gms took my HW name and just added an A to it at the end and two, I just love merfolk. I think they are my fave of them all. Something seems off on it so if I figure it out I'll repost.
edit edit: I reposted because of the original was bugging me.

First off...

Eralia is an anagram-of-intense-lawsuit-evasion for Ariael.

Second...

That is THE BEST CARD ART in the entire contest, hands down Icon_suprised Highfive! o.o/
My Fafnir looks like Barney's cousin D:
@Rina
I just noticed whats off. Her right eye is drooping. The way you have her head is straight while her face is tilted. If you can move it up (if on a diff layer) then you may be pleased more. Also adding a line on the chin may be thats bugging ya.

edit two people ninjaed me

@emerald
I.... never thought of that XD I still like my conspiracy theory better >.> oh and thanks for liking it, but something still bugs me about it, not sure what.

@Story
I think you are right, but like the evil cousin twice removed and not invited for big turkey dinner at thanksgiving.
The eyes in general are too low on the face. I know they are big but if you moved them up a bit and had the hair going over them some it would look more natural to me.
30min warning before this thread closes Icon_biggrin
Did I mention that 4 hours ago I accidentally closed photoshop on my Selkie? I'm a noob and the last time I saved prior to that was with only the outline of the body. I did spend a whole day on the hair though. Icon_mad Anyway, made some minor changes. I don't have the psd. Icon_confused

Also, before this thread closes, gogo Yume! I hope your Eralia wins! Icon_cool
Man that SUCK rina, I've had that happen but not for anything UNIMPORTANT but for a midterm project. I was working on a piece for class and I went to get a drink, came back to find my photoshop had some sort of error and had closed. I was up all night because of it.

But I do have to say, the hair on your selkie is very very good. Highly detailed!
Rin I don't get your avatar
I hope I win something. Icon_biggrin

Edit: My favorite so far is definitely midnight jack. Loved what Lemontart did.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's