heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Jailed List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This isn't a "comment/give your opinion" thread, this is information on who got jailed and why.

Other GMs are discussing the issue (I'm gonna pass on this one) and will update the jail/ban list if need be.
Seems no one Noticed the rule post been edited. I edited it this morning after adding the rule that was missing. Its pure comon sense Imo to NOT ban someone for a rule that isnt even written. Now, Back to the topic.
Who: Stocks
How Long: 24 hours
What he did: Innapropriate shop name.
im kinda confused as to what an inappropriate shop name is. i actaully visited his shop, i wont repeat the name, becuase it might be considered harassment or something, but it didnt offend me.

it was actually a line from the video "Rejected" by Don Hertzfeld.
Appropriate shop names follow the same rules as character and party names.
Please do not double post, theres a nice edit button if you need to add on to your post.

Its not because it is in a video, cartoon, movie that we accept innapropriate language in the server. I explained to the player why it wasn't appropriate and he understood.

The server rules are not there to take up space. They are there to be understood and followed.

This is not just about offending but about respect. That shop was not respectfull or thinking about the fact that some young people play this game and play on this server.
Well no, I mean to say that the rules never specify what language is proper and not proper. What may seem in proper to one person seems ordinary to another. Stocks is my friend and I feel he got kinda cheated into being jailed.
Rules specify on no slander, profanity and insult. Almost everyone can recognize what is slander/profanity. Usually in real life, the argument is more about if slander/profanity is considered offensive to be usable or not, rather than what is slander/profanity. In heRO, we took the stand for you and say "yes, they are offensive."

Use the common sense, maturity and standards of what you should and shouldn't say in front of young children then Icon_biggrin
Intern-Ayu Wrote:Use the common sense, maturity and standards of what you should and shouldn't say in front of young children then Icon_biggrin

That's probably the best reason for jailing. I have nephews and a niece that occasionally watch me play.
Not to be a nudge or anything but the 24 hour period is up, just in case you forget and let a poor merchant rot in jail. ;(
Reference URL's