heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: The Great Monthly heRO Fairy Auction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
which i did an offline bid for at 5m... lol
TPC Wrote:
Ultima_Pi Wrote:However, I also bid 10 mil on Cute Little Squirt. It's in Radiance's PM box if you don't believe me.

So you were the offline bidder. They didn't forget you, it was like this:
<linh> 8 mil
<pixie> offline bidder 8.1 mil
<linh> 9 mil
<pixie> offline bidder 9.1 mil
<linh> 10 mil

So obviously linh won, its not like the pixie could have said "no, you can't bid that" and since your max bid was 10 the pixie couldn't bid 10.1. So you lost that one. If it wasn't for your offline bid the hat would have gone for half that price.

Howso? Why didn't Pixie turn around and say "Offline bidder already has 10mil"?
Since nothing stops a bidder upping their own bid.
Well, since pixie is bidding for you, as if you were there, and linh said 10 mil before pixie did, pixie would have to up it by at least the minimum increment which was 100k. Otherwise people doing offline bids would get a special advantage since they can bid the same as other bidders, which they obviously shouldn't get.

The pixie can't reveal what the offline bidders max bid is because then the other bidders would just put a bid that is 100k lower just to make you pay more.
But the offline bidder made his bid *before* the online bidder.
Since when is 10>10?
The point is that 10 -isn't- greater than 10.

Discarding offline bidders for the moment. If one person has 10,020,145 zeny on them, and another person bids 10mil. They can't outbid due to the fact that they can't add the bid increment onto the starting bid, totaling 10.1mil. Since your offline bid was 10mil and the bid of 10mil was taken by someone else, the GMs couldn't go higher for you.

EDIT: The GM service offline bidder incident isn't an equal bid one. It's that the offline bidder had bid -more- than the in-game bidder won it for and therefore would have raised the bid, but the GMs forgot about it.
@ellie
We aren't allowed to say how much the offline bidder has on it. We work it as a bid to save people money so that we don't start out with the highest offline bid for others 'may' not want to come even close to what the offline bidders max is.

@marivel
It was my call on little Squirt and here is my reasoning: Even if the offline bid was 10mil, we work it like regular bids. Offline bid was 9.1mil since we increase by lowest increment in order to give the offline bidder a fair price and not go over board, then a in game bid was 10mil. Your 10mil CAN'T beat their 10mil even if you are in game doesn't matter: if one couldn't pay more then the current offer only the equal amount then it would go to the first person that said 10 mil. Since the way in game bidding went the opponent reached the 10mil first.

In the end Pandora saw that both reasoning's are correct Icon_biggrin' so she decided to give the squirt to both of you for that price.

edit:
lol Silk posted what I said while I was typing it up. Sneaky Silk.
I wouldn't even be arguing this if it went like "offline bidder's max has been reached, do you care to outbid?"
Ultima_Pi Wrote:I wouldn't even be arguing this if it went like "offline bidder's max has been reached, do you care to outbid?"

Because making it like a real auction just doesn't seem logical!

GM-Nara Wrote:@marivel
It was my call on little Squirt and here is my reasoning: Even if the offline bid was 10mil, we work it like regular bids. Offline bid was 9.1mil since we increase by lowest increment in order to give the offline bidder a fair price and not go over board, then a in game bid was 10mil. Your 10mil CAN'T beat their 10mil even if you are in game doesn't matter: if one couldn't pay more then the current offer only the equal amount then it would go to the first person that said 10 mil. Since the way in game bidding went the opponent reached the 10mil first.

In the end Pandora saw that both reasoning's are correct Icon_biggrin' so she decided to give the squirt to both of you for that price.

See. D:
Next auction:
Date: March 28th at 6PM, Sunday

-Fairies' Might: Red Fairy Wings

-Fairies' Magic: Blue Fairy Wings

-Pixie's Letter(Grants free and unlimited access to Fairy Dungeon, just talk to the NPC with it on your inventory.)

-Drooping Pixie(Upper headgear, +5 Hit, +5 Mdef, 5 def, Decreases after-cast delay by 5%, required level:65, all classes. Comboes with Red Fairy Wings for 5% attack speed or with Blue Fairy Wings for 12% decrease of cast time.)

-GM Service(GM Service: GMs will do a donation service equivalent of costing 5 dollars for you. Same restrictions apply as normal donation service. You must use up your GM Donation service before the next month's fairy auction or your GM Service will be voided.)

-Over 9000!: The Observer headgear that lets you see others power. Exclusive for 1 year. http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=i...em_id=5315

-Harrg Pack: A +7 cutlus and pirate hat. Let the pirate within have some fun.

-Easter Egg Pet: A sneak preview to the upcoming Easter Holiday. Be the first to own the pet. Exclusive until Easter.

-Pandora's Cooking:??Real cookies baked by Pandora herself with free regular shipping anywhere in the world.
[Image: mcchmx.jpg]

-Shield Perfect: Perfect refines a carded shield from +5 or +6, directly to +7.

-Feather Pack: 3 red feathers, 5 blue feathers, 30 white angel feathers,??50 soft feathers.

-Guild's Glory: A palette exclusive to the guild. The guild leader or someone the leader approves needs to provide files for their choice.

-Mystery Hat: You'll have to come and find out what it is!

Ribbon Trade-in (not auctionned)
After the fairy Auction will be a chance for anyone who is interested in trading in their hip ribbon(s) for a tie(s) of the matching color. The stats of the ties are the same as their ribbon equivalent. The trade is free (not auctionned).
[Image: f19w6v.jpg]
Reference URL's