heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: The Great Monthly heRO Fairy Auction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Zerosk Wrote:
GM-Radiance Wrote:Results for May 2010:
-Pixie's Letter: Sold to Okane for 6 mil

So...what about my blind bid for the EXACT same amount?
I bid 8.5 m in Blind bidding for the Pixie letter, but appearantly they only bid the bare minumum over what the players actually present were bidding in order to save players money. Not sure??what'll happen in this case??tho =x.
It says you got it for 6 mil though, which matched his max bid amount for the letter. Unless they just gave it to you for his max bid cause you were willing to bid more...I got nothin D:

Otherwise...there's always the option of beating it out of you with the hammer Evil

Edit: I should note that giving it to him for Zero's max bid is a bit...weird :x Shouldn't you use the next increment up in that case?
Imho, the blind bids should just be regular bids. If I blind bid 50m, it means I bid 50 damn'd mil, not some lowest increment bs.
Minor edits, Sorry for any confusion it I may have caused (again) Sweat
Corporal Wrote:Imho, the blind bids should just be regular bids. If I blind bid 50m, it means I bid 50 damn'd mil, not some lowest increment bs.

That's the way Ayu used to do it. But IMO, the way Radiance does it is slightly more epic, and draws out the Auction to the way an auction should be.
No it's the same system. Blind bid uses the lowest increment possible to save money for the offline bidder. However, if there's 2 blind bid, then you can imagine it this way:

Say blind bid A bids 10m
Say blind bid B bids 11m
Lowest increment is 1m, and it starts at 5m

A bids 6m (lowest increase)
B immediately bids 7m by how blind bid operates: boosting it by 1m since that's the lowest increase.
A jumps to 8.
B jumps to 9.
A jumps to 10.
B jumps to 11, and A stops.
When the auction starts, the starting price is already at 11m because of blind bid going at it against each other before it even starts.

When there's 2 blind bid, then before the auction starts, the blind bid already bid against each other at lowest increment, pushing the "starting price" at the time of the auction to a much higher number. This happened before in old auction where items may start off at extremely high number: that's because there's more than 1 blind bid.
I agree with namine. Would save time during the fairy auctions.
No, I was just explaining how auction has always been, and seems to be how it is even now too. And, it only applies on more than one blind bids. Sometimes it's hard to judge what is a proper increment to increase by. What's expected to be low cost items, can somehow be wanted for lots beyond expectations.

Setting higher increment per bid is best to cut the time down (or cut the number of items per auction too, but then that may affect outcome of auction and how much zeny it drains.)
0 <-> 5m = 100k increment
5m <-> 10m = 500k increment
10m <-> infinity = 1m increment

^Do apply for the 'current' price, not only the starting bid.

EX: If an item starts at 3m and reach 10m, the increments would be of 1m at that point, not 100k.

makes sense imo
Corporal Wrote:If I blind bid 50m, it means I bid 50 damn'd mil, not some lowest increment bs.
Reference URL's