heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: The Great Monthly heRO Fairy Auction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GM-Radiance Wrote:-Salt's Designer Quest: Design a quest of your own and GM-Salt will script it.
  • The quest will give an exp reward or one of five given customs chosen by the winner from a list given by Salt.
  • Elements you can include: Item hunting/delivery, a quiz, monster hunting (if you have your own idea feel free to ask, but the GMs can veto other things)
  • You decide on items and NPCs included, write the dialogue, etc.
  • The difficulty level should be so a level 80 character with average gear can finish it in about an hour (including hunting items).
  • A maximum of 5 NPCs may be included in the quest

Wait... that means I can't send players all over random places like Thors 3, Odin's 3, Nameless 3, Rachel Sanc 5?
Icon_sad

EDIT: Grammar <_>
Can't all of those be done with "average" gear?

Or is supposed to be a solo quest?
Well, I already see people asking for helping just getting to Thors 2 for the Veins Siblings Quest.

It could be party optional.
@Joy: you can still do that with easy items, not tons of them (like 300 burning hearts or something like that Evil ) , and NPCs can be on avarage maps. (Like amatsu, ayothara, coal pit, etc. Maps which need access quests are .... not sure they are good for everyone unless players have done the quests)
I have some dirty places and items in mind if I ever have a chance to brainwash winner of this bid.

@Jen: let the dead sleep Evil and i think it's gonna be a solo quest, or if u win, u can make party as requirement for this quest, if GM accept it. They have veto power Sweat
Ultima_Pi Wrote:Wait, if I win the Drooping Hat thing, does it have to be one of MY characters? Or can I be sadistic and sell someone else's image?

S>Drooping Tripp, imo.

I will buy that. PLEASE GET IT <333
Question about the NPC's as part of the quest; do they have to be already sprited NPC's or if I buy the quest can I make it a Behemoth quest where you first have to talk to Amara and then deliever items to Guillermo, Izael, Albus, and me?
must be NPCs imo Adriff, but I think GM team can name those NPCs Amara, or Izael, Albus as you wish.
Considering the $1000 donation NPC, I don't think you'd be able to make the NPCs into actual characters. xP
Why not, think of it like GM service except you're buying your own npc instead.

If you've donated 1k+ dollars over time to have your own NPC then congrats to you I suppose for actually having money unlike most of us in this economy. :]
The restrictions are mostly there to make it so most players will be able to complete it in a reasonable time, and to not make it a scripting nightmare by including elements that would take a long time to script. As long as it doesn't break this I'm willing to discuss any ideas you have. I would not be opposed to having a party requirement like someone mentioned for example, but not with too many people or specific classes required, since people might have problems getting a party together then.

If you have any specific ideas you want to ask about and don't want to share with everyone feel free to PM me on here on the forums.

You will not be able to name NPCs after players since, as Silk says, thats a donation privilege.

As for sprites, here is a list you can pick from: http://www.dotalux.com/ro/npclist/
I ask that you don't pick ones that are used for well-known custom purposes however, like Pandolina for example.
Reference URL's