heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: LAST POST WINS INFINITE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gold is soft, glory is fleeting, gospel is for believers.
Well now you know it. You never lose exp in towns (and fairy land, technically a town), woe castles and other special places

confession: When I started with RO, I actually refused to woe for some time because I thought I'd lose exp upon death there.
You don't lose exp in pvp, however Super Novice's No-Death bonus still counts your deaths in PVP, so you'd have to get spammed with Soul links again.
Aaaaand that's why I never played SN. I am sir Diesalot.
Boooooooooored. Let's talk about something interesting.

Do you believe in afterlife? Personally, I try not to think about it much. It's too scary in a way, and life is scary enough without wondering what's afterwards.

But I would like to know what the others think.
Personally, I think our "spirit" as it were is cemented into our bodies. If Our bodies die, it's game over, no continues. It would break down and contribute to the environment and help nurture other things in the cycle of life if left somewhere where it could naturally decompose, but most people get so much chemicals stuffed in them to preserve their image after death, and they're sealed into a box (that's bolted shut) burried in concrete, and shoved 6 foot under.

Though, when I was in high school, I used to pass out from Low Blood Sugars a lot (Type I Diabetes...). I coulda sworn I saw the reaper on more than one occasion, so, I suppose it's entirely possible.

During that time when I was recovering from the coma, and regaining my energy, I always was a little out of it...

And how exactly would someone prove or disprove the existance of an afterlife? I mean, it's not like we could just come and go as we pleased. Even if you believe in reincarnation, don't think too many people would have solid memories of their past lives.
So do you agree that it's best not to think about it much, for your own sanity?
Death comes to us all in the end, that's the one inevitability that will happen wether we plan for it or not. If we get thinking about the afterlife, we're gonna get curious who's right, who's wrong. For the living, it's unexplored territory that we'd want to claim for our own, who knows what treasures or perils lie in store past that point of no return?

My thoughts is that talking openly about the afterlife might tempt some people to expedite the coming of that "Point of no return." Though, whether those reasons are sanity based due to the crappy world we live in, or curiosity towards a new unknown, I don't know.

Also religion tends to get a little too involved when it comes to theorizing the afterlife, and messing with religion is bound to open up a can of worms that I'm sure heRO's mods don't want to deal with. Icon_razz
For me, it's page 34.

Sky? Sky is an illusion formed by the atmosphere absorbing certain wavelengths of sunlight, masking the sheer void of cosmic emptiness pierced by countless stars, yet still mostly composed of nothing, revealing itself at night.

But what IS a soul? Is there even such a thing? Or are we nothing but a pattern of electricity running through our brains that disperses and fades as our body ceases to function?
Heaven, a traditional theory of the afterlife generally tends to be set in the clouds. Lotsa people tend to go with the thought that their deceased relatives and ancestors are looking at you from heaven (the sky).

What IS a soul? That's another deeply debated question that has been pondered by people for generations. There are people that think that the soul, mind, and body are all separate things that are dependent on each other. If you're soul is taken, then your body will wither and die. If your brain is damaged, it can't tell the organs in the body how to do their jobs. and if your body dies, the soul has no place to be housed and your mind is sorta stuck there until it dies as well. I dunno.

"A sound soul dwells within a sound mind and sound body."
Reference URL's