heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: The lets keep Voting for HeRO Thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Revenant Wrote:It honestly looks like the majority of the T&D team does more than said GM types.

Number of people in T&D excluding GMs: 90

Number of people who show up: 6 if we're fortunate

Explain to me where did the majority of the T&D team even went off to. If the majority of T&D even *SHOW UP* we would've enough to make not just one, but four teams to try out battleground. Right now we're begging for people to form a team of 10 including GMs since January and I'm not sure if we ever got that off the ground.

Seriously, only ~10 T&D members are consistent helpers and unfortunately they can't show up at the same time due to work or timezone. That's alright as T&D is volunteer based. But now, where's the "majority" of T&D even off to at all? And you are going to compare these ~70 no-shows to do more work than GM team?

Let's not forget who's the one member who only asks to look at completed scripts, instead of completing scripts.

Reviews are subjective indeed, but once you want to pull off number games, you are entering the realm of objectivity.
Namine Wrote:Reviews are subjective indeed, but once you want to pull off number games, you are entering the realm of objectivity.

80% of the population agree with statements backed with statistics.??

Do you agree?

Pure objectivity doesn't exist.
G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
Namine Wrote:Reviews are subjective indeed, but once you want to pull off number games, you are entering the realm of objectivity.

80% of the population agree with statements backed with statistics.??

Do you agree?

Pure objectivity doesn't exist.??

As long as you allow the assumption "assume this world is real" then a few things in this world are objective.

"I have never seen 45 T/D members online in the test server at the same time (excluding the times when test server is open to the public for whatever reason)" is one of them.
Namine Wrote:Everything Namine said

All I know is what I think I see; I find it difficult to believe there's 90 people in the group, though.

Everything else aside, I must ask you if I've actually ever done anything to you personally, as everytime I've tried to make any kind of constructive criticism, you've kind of jumped at me regardless of relevance which makes me wonder if I said something in the past to warrant your ire.

Since it's been brought up, I'm going to talk about it for a little while.

You may remember me asking if we could get another subforum for completed work. That's because I genuinely find the current layout and general etiquette somewhat confusing. Having spent a lot of time working with other people, I know from personal experience that jumping onto someone elses' script without much prior knowledge can cause confusion, since there may be functionality in it as well as things such as variables which only the original script creator would have full comprehension of.

Right now it looks like there's very little collaboration on anything. Pandora posts a topic, person replies. And that's it. They don't post their script, nobody else can really look at it or give feedback; what is anyone else left to do? Wait 6 months for it to be implemented onto the test server so it can be tested, added to the live server a year later?

Clicking through most of these posts, it seems like the lists are somewhat out-dated, which in itself makes trying to find something that needs to be worked on even more difficult, basically making it feel as though the only real way you can get something done is if you're the first person to notice a new topic.
There are exactly 90 users signed up for the T&D, even after Aki's huge purge of anyone who didn't reply back a few months ago.

Most of the script outlines posted don't need more than one person to work on them. I've picked up a bunch of them, and completed/started all over again with them in a night or two, even after they've been passed between 4+ people prior to reaching me.
We always welcome feedback during testing. It is easier to edit once you have the groundwork down.
Frequently we gets testers, while testing, say "Perhaps it should be like this instead?" or "I like this part. >:D"

The T&D recently (a few days ago), passed into my hands, and will be undergoing a major revamp in most of the areas of it, to streamline it for both testers and GMs. I'll be implimenting that once I've got it all laid out and decided though, to reduce confusion.

Most of the ones listed as Open in that thread ARE open. Some have posts, however, since they have been reopened afte not getting any results from as far back as 07/08.

Either way, this is not the thread for this discussion.
I suggest, if it is to continue, a new one is made.
[Image: 97987626.png]

wth. n>more reviews Mad
Just wanted to say heRO has moved up to #1 today on RMS. :]
Now I actually understand the new donation balance/customization level thing XD I swear when I looked last night I didn't get it at all.
It is the IMPACT of the Vote for Points.Icon_twisted
Aww. :D Thank you, all.
Hopefully we continue to be number 1.

Not only are we placed first on the Low Rates section, we are also now second placed out of ALL the server listed, under all rates!
Reference URL's