heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: The lets keep Voting for HeRO Thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The top100 server description still says "We039ve been open for over 2 years" (its about over 5-6 now, isn't it?)

Plus there's some weird formatting, though I'm not sure if that can be helped.

Not that I think that details button is easy to find anyways. Easier going to the site than finding it.
5 and 6 are still over 2. Icon_wink
GM-Glyph Wrote:5 and 6 are still over 2. Icon_wink
Yeah, but if its to say time, over 5 or 6 is more accurate than over 2, over 2 could even mean 20, but people will be more inclined to think its close to the pointed number because, well, what server will say "server over 1 month old" unless it just launched? Its much more likely to say a close date because it makes more sense for the "over" to just mean its close to the pointed date, just to not be overly specific. 5 or 6 is far from 2.

I doubt anyone will see "over 2" and think its anything over 4. Much more likely to think its between 2 and 3.
You mean Glyph wasn't making a joke? oO
Ellie Wrote:You mean Glyph wasn't making a joke? oO
Seems serious to me.
GM-Glyph Wrote:Icon_wink

.. . O ... k.
Sylmeria Wrote:
Yeah, but if its to say time, over 5 or 6 is more accurate than over 2, over 2 could even mean 20, but people will be more inclined to think its close to the pointed number because, well, what server will say "server over 1 month old" unless it just launched? Its much more likely to say a close date because it makes more sense for the "over" to just mean its close to the pointed date, just to not be overly specific. 5 or 6 is far from 2.

I doubt anyone will see "over 2" and think its anything over 4. Much more likely to think its between 2 and 3.

Last time I checked 5 was over 2
People assuming the server has been alive for 20 years? doubt it =P most video games don't even last over 20 years (Final Fantasy being the exception, but Mario Party might get there :o)
Starcraft one 1990 has also survived (slowly dying)...
But if you look at the MLS (Jaedong, Flash, Bisu, Stork, etc) all those dudes are still playing and fans are still paying to go watch them play XD.
Lena Wrote:
Sylmeria Wrote:

Last time I checked 5 was over 2
People assuming the server has been alive for 20 years? doubt it =P most video games don't even last over 20 years (Final Fantasy being the exception, but Mario Party might get there :o)
I don't know where in my post I said people could assume it was over 20. I said that as an example that "over" can be anything you want, my point is that people will usually assume the date is close to what the "over" number is, and not anything else.
Bump!

Your votes and reviews are always appreciated, help heRO out! We need it to attract new members.

I'll see about finding our old top100 login and updating the page to say "several years" that way we'll be good for a while XD
Reference URL's