heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Trials of Heroes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know about even more. But yeah, a lot easier than I expected, if I didn't make 2 major fuckups plus several minor, all of them I could have avoided, I'd say I could've had about 100 pts with intermediate effort.
Zaratus Wrote:But all in all, I am serious. I like damn hard ToHs, okay. I can understand not everyone does but the stuff mentioned above is really too much. That's like free wings (which are the best PvM armor existing). Just no.
Someone still has to play 5 months to complete one. If lots of players succeeded it's because they used some high-end characters.

I don't like Ayu's style to put monsters with susprises/hidden ways to kill them and if you fail it's because you should knew how to behave with those monsters. This wouldn't even be a challenge it'd be pure randomness.

I admit I was a bit disappointed when I seen the amount of player succeeding Phase 4 & 5. I thought i'd kill a bit more with those. I'll take care for next episode.

TPC Wrote:I know of at least 3 players who got below 70 points. There are probably more. So I wouldn't say nobody.

And the KSing players often move on so fast that you don't catch their name.
I kept watcing players in the Item map, moving invisible. I couldn't clearly catch a player KSing as sometimes there were up to 4 players attacking the same monster. It was rather accidental most of the times. The map was crowded, accidents happened a lot and monsters were killed within 1~2 seconds.

Another detail : KSing happens when you are already attacking a monster or got it aggroed, not when you run to that monster with still no interaction.
Just a FYI, people who are not in the ToH Island map do not see the scores of people below 70.
GM-Azote Wrote:I admit I was a bit disappointed when I seen the amount of player succeeding Phase 4 & 5. I thought i'd kill a bit more with those. I'll take care for next episode.

Phase 4 was surprisingly easy, but a lot of people were killed in phase 5, you succeeded there xD although that wasn't as much the overall monster difficulty, but one of her skills that 1shoots almost everything and everyone.

Btw, what was with several players (incl.me) erroring out during rounds 2 and 3 of mass pvp?

Suggestion for next time...maybe make several copies of the item trial map? perhaps with less monsters, or adjust the drops
GM-Azote Wrote:I kept watcing players in the Item map, moving invisible. I couldn't clearly catch a player KSing as sometimes there were up to 4 players attacking the same monster. It was rather accidental most of the times. The map was crowded, accidents happened a lot and monsters were killed within 1~2 seconds.

Another detail : KSing happens when you are already attacking a monster or got it aggroed, not when you run to that monster with still no interaction.

Yeah I know that it has to be aggro or that you have to be attacking it.

Its especially noticeable for me, because I use my homunculus to kill things during item trial, and because of the homun AI??I use. Let me explain. The AI hero use has pretty weak anti-ks protection, it will check if someone is attacking or if the monster is attacking someone when looking for targets, and once it has selected a target it stops checking there. The searching for targets takes a fraction of a second, and it won't detect a monster just being aggro on a player, the homun has to see an actual attack to know its a ks.

Now when you tele on top of someone often it won't have time to see this attack before it searches for targets, so it can select a target that someone else is attacking. Same thing goes if you're walking around and it selects a target at the edge of the map where the other player is just beyond what the homun can see. And once it selected a target it will attack it no matter what. So the anti-KS in heROs AI isn't exactly foolproof.

To protect against this I made the anti-ks in my homun script stronger in that it constantly checks if someone else has started attacking the monster its targeting, and if someone does it backs off. Under normal circumstances this is a good thing since it makes it much less likely that the homunculus will KS someone.

During todays item trial this kicked in a lot, someone else hitting a monster that was aggro on my homun, making my modified anti-ks kick in so the homun would blacklist it and never touch it again. I'd say it was the rule rather than the exception. This was making it much slower to hunt the needed items. Most hits were accidental of course, or cases when multiple people clicked the monster at the same time, but quite a few were clearly on purpose too.

Of course I could just disable this during ToH, but then I would risk the homun KSing from others, which I think would only make the overall situation worse. I don't mean to whine, I'm just frustrated with the whole situation. I guess the only real solution to the KS problem would be a bigger map for item trial so players aren't competing for the same monsters as much.
Or a separate map for hunter classes xD
Mort Wrote:Suggestion for next time...maybe make several copies of the item trial map? perhaps with less monsters, or adjust the drops
ToH is being continuously improved. There are a few things eventually coming to enhance the experience.
Mort Wrote:Btw, what was with several players (incl.me) erroring out during rounds 2 and 3 of mass pvp?
I crashed during round one.

We are aware that the PVP switch on/off causes occasionnal crash/delayed crash. It's been like this as far as I can remember, more than 2 years ago. This is a eAthena bug that we are actually unable to solve.

I wish this gets solved with a next SVN update.
Truth on the improvements. Back in the day, the monster waiting room only had...6 portals? :x Now it has 16 I think. I haven't done ToH with the new maps, but I've heard they've cut the time down a lot (Back when I did it, 6 hours was a fast ToH I think, while 8 was pretty normal)

And if we ever convert to Trunk, I'd imagine the availability of instances could change a lot about ToH (Trunk has instances right? >_>) :x It might even make me willing to do it again.

GM-Pandora Wrote:Just a FYI, people who are not in the ToH Island map do not see the scores of people below 70.

Now if we could just get rid of the score spam completely x_x I HATE THAT STUPID ANNOUNCEMENT SPAMMING!
Mort Wrote:Or a separate map for hunter classes xD

This please.

That or just have multiple maps to help split the population up.
I mentioned this on the poll thread, too, but since the GMs seem to be replying here more -- is it possible to disable team-killing during the mass PVP battle? It's supposed to be Light vs. Dark, not a free-for-all, and I know the team-killing upsets a lot of people.
Reference URL's