heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Trials of Heroes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And to prove that Ice Cream is still in Alberta :

[Image: screenheroserver011.th.jpg]

ScreenShotted this morning.
Fyrus Carmin Wrote:And to prove that Ice Cream is still in Alberta :

[Image: screenheroserver011.th.jpg]

ScreenShotted this morning.

thus why we had the 6th question cause mass went to check it out during the trivia section already~ wasn't recognized as a "shop" by script in quicksearch though cause it's not a 'shop window' thus the confusion~
The problem is that to most people, that's a mere technicality that means the same thing. But that's fine, I didn't miss my gear, and scored three good answers out of six in trivia, which seemed easier than usual overall. I was even shocked at myself to remember the Filir food question wrong (I typed scell even though I knew it was garlet). The questions were definitely easier than usual.

The first round of the monster trial was, as always, simple. Penomenas can easily destroy low level, ungeared players, but are otherwise a piece of cake for prepared players. The second round seemed pretty tame to me. Caterpillars aren't exactly dangerous, although they have a lot of defense so they take longer to kill that a lot of monsters with the same HP as them. The third round is more what I'm talking about! Centipedes were a neat idea. When I saw a few hunters/snipers fail it, I honestly thought it was Nepenthes. Well, I was close. I have one complaint though : High Jump can't be used in the monster trial. I personally consider High Jump the same as Backslide as far as this is concerned : it should work just as it does in a regular PVM environment (and High Jump happens to work when caught in the immobilization skill Icon_razz).

The fourth round was extremely tame if you ask me. Gold Acidus would have been very nice. But that's fine. Ferus can do damage, but they have lower defenses and are quick and easy to kill if you can avoid their hits (ranged classes) or survive them (tankers). Round 5 was neat in its own way, because it's a monster most people have never heard of, or at least fought. Personally, I heard of it, but never fought it before. My original plan was to just walk through when I saw that a lord knight in my line (not naming the person) did not succeed. When it casted some attack on me and I got hit, I thought "hey, the damage doesn't seem too bad". So I gave it a try, changing to fire element (I was pretty sure Draco was earth, due to it being green like Earth Petites and Green Feruses). Sadly, I don't have the dragon antiracial card, so I could only cross my fingers that it doesn't just use one extremely powerful attack out of nowhere, which he did. I made sure to keep my HP maxed at all times while attacking it, which is probably the reason I survived when I got hit by something like 15k out of nowhere, geez! Anyway, I won. 50/50 in monster trial, a first for me.

Monster trial seemed harsher than usual this time. The fire orbs were really fire, and so were the goat milks. But ten captain boots at 9% drop rate seemed really excessive to me - last month, the 9% drop rate item, genie's lamp, required 6 of, and I barely made it. Personally, I have a real hard time with the other two items, and rarely bother with them. Anyways, I got all the fire orbs, goat milks and I stopped at 5/10 captain boots with 2-3 minutes left to the trial. 25 points. Fine for me. Really, ranged classes have such a huge advantage in this...

I stayed in the main ToH room during PVP, talking with GM Circe and others. Fun, huh? And like I said, trivia was easier than usual. I ended up with 90 points after trivia, a record for me.

As usual (for me), mass PVP was terrible. I got an error right at the start in the first round (you can even see me in the back not doing anything in Pistis Sophia's screenshot on her other topic - I had errored already at that time). And what I hate about erroring, and which I forgot this time, is that any command I make don't get saved. Due to my poor computer, I turn effects off during the mass PVP, obviously. But when I came back after I errored, effects were turned on again because them being turned off didn't get saved (due to erroring). And so, when the other side rushed to us, there was that huge lag and the first thing I knew, I was dead. I was in a really grumpy mood after that, both rounds of the mass PVP being wasted in frustrating ways.

90 points for me. My record. /ok
Unless it's been realtered, you can outrange and kill Nep with the Pneuma cooldown.

*got gangbanged by Centipedes
Ultima_Pi Wrote:Unless it's been realtered, you can outrange and kill Nep with the Pneuma cooldown.

Yes you can. Not sure if you can outrange their blood drain though, but I won't be surprised if it's possible.
Still it might take too long to kill them all if you have to wait for pneuma to wear off for every nepentis. Especially if you don't have your gears =P
We're talking about Jen here tho, she has EVERYTHING >(
I'mma train my blacksmith for next ToH... I failed miserably on my well equipped champ xD
Zaratus Wrote:Especially if you don't have your gears =P

Your = Jen's.
Naruhodo Wrote:I'mma train my blacksmith for next ToH... I failed miserably on my well equipped champ xD

pssh, if at first you don't succeed, try and try again! No1

it took my monk about 10+ TOHs before i got my lv 5 wings, but i did it!
i'm sure a champ could do it, especially with how handy PPS can be in the earlier rounds of monster and in items trial Ok

-w-
Reference URL's